• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sign up for a sniper program LC and all you need to do is set it any time while the auction is running.

The "art of snipe'ing"! Just use your mobile phone, (only if your not scared of them), set the alarm for 10 minutes before and watch with 2 active windows open (ALT+TAB toggles between active windows). Get online and Log-in to eBay, Set up your max bid in one window, but don't confirm, with the other window, have it watch the item and keep pressing F5 so you get an idea of how the other loosing Snipers are going until about 30 secs (dial-up) before the end and if you think you can go for about 6-3 seconds before end, (High speed Cable net), bid then with the other active window by clicking on Confirm Bid.

EDIT: Having said that, postage would not be cheap or easy I'd imagine.
The 30l Urn I just got from Ebay cost only $15 for delivery, others I've seen in the last week or so had postage costs of $20 for a 30l.
However the one in that auction may be double-lined and hence heavier than a normal urn.

Plenty of people select 'pickup only' when listing because they don't know how they'll send it or how much it will cost. Having said that, postage would not be cheap or easy I'd imagine.

Very true, It don't matter what the item is or weighs. Postage and packing costs can very very difficult to state when you don't know the cost or have scales to work it out.

Aus Post calculator:

http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/aus_parcel.asp

Another thing to consider, it is to pack and send send something delicate that is going to be forked and roaded in the bottom of a steel cage with 1 tonne of loose crap on top of it in the same cage? Like when 20 fire extinguishers arrive at the cage and the cage is already half full.

Yeah that holds 40-50L. I have a similar one and do 22-25L all grain batches in it. Very good for cheap!

Just beware Sydney people. It would be nice if it was 80 Kms closer to Sydney, it's actually in Picton.

It is a nice old unit, they have a better know description - "a copper", though the later ones were made from SS, as you can see!

Its a Commercial Keg selling Fest...

True, however, I notice that second keg has a fitting welded to it already. May be a good thing if the current owner can prove it's legit. Anyone got a Carlton shirt, you might get it for free, if you know what I mean?

Couple hours left on a cheap 3-ring burner/hose/regulator setup. Save you up to 50 or 60 bucks on buying it all new and seperate. LINK

Cheers - boingk

Never tell anyone... ;)

Also, dont post something that you do want to bid on...
I wasnt sure what the protocol was, here.
As it happens, I scored the item for a tasty pric.

So what ARE the accepted 'rules' of stuff found in this thread?

Back