• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barls said:
personally i would never use one. despite the fact they have covered the replacements.
I had an early one. MkII I think. Ran my HLT for atleast 20-30 brews without incident. Was still working when I upgraded but there was no way I would buy another going off other brewer's experiences.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Apologies if already posted, but anyone bought any SS shelves or sinks off this eBay seller? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1700-x-600mm-NEW-COMMERCIAL-SINGLE-BOWL-KITCHEN-SINK-304-STAINLESS-STEEL-BENCH-/191605179267?hash=item2c9c8f0383

Not bad prices!
I bought a SS bench and shelf from these guys Nath. It's not bad for the price. Not the greatest quality but 1/4 of the price of most others. One thing I've noticed is the bench surface scratches very easily so not the highest quality SS.
The only issue I had with the buyer is the courier made no effort to contact me on delivery and returned it to the depot because I wasn't home. Apparently it was then my responsibility to pick it up. From Doreen.
I called Handy Imports and they tried to get me to pay for re-delivery but I argued my point and had it resent at no charge.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Apologies if already posted, but anyone bought any SS shelves or sinks off this eBay seller? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1700-x-600mm-NEW-COMMERCIAL-SINGLE-BOWL-KITCHEN-SINK-304-STAINLESS-STEEL-BENCH-/191605179267?hash=item2c9c8f0383

Not bad prices!
Yeah - I did too, got my brew bench from them. As Stu said, scratches easily, but then again what the heck was I doing putting my ss pots directly on the bench in the first case? It just acted as a giant heat sink (coupla cork mats fixed that up).

I got one with a back lip... it's kind of annoying. And, after one serious forearm burn I also had to lop about 30cm (?) off the legs to get it to a good/safe brewing height (only took a few minutes with a hack saw). Also wishing I'd grabbed the 1.8m bench, not the 1.5m... just a wee bit squishy.

Other than that.. no issue with the seller, decent product for the price.

I have 2 boxes of these for when I have parties at my place.

I refuse to give guests plastic cups, especially if the beer is on tap.

They are ok.

Tahoose said:
I have 2 boxes of these for when I have parties at my place.

I refuse to give guests plastic cups, especially if the beer is on tap.

They are ok.
Amen same here. I actually thought they were alright drinking, not amazing for every beer but coming in to summer great for smashing after doing hard work.

goldenchild said:
spiegelau ipa glasses 6 for $31.20 plus shipping or pick up in kensington sydney. MUST use voucher code CHEER20 in checkout to get the extra 20% off marked down price. lots of other glasses available with same deal but not as good prices
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Spiegelau-Beer-Classics-India-Pale-Ale-Pay-for-4-Get-6-Pk-/252342907240?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D58053fdde4b072b92ae77385%26rpp_icid%3D5804b670e4b0688d614b5bde
Ordered!

That's mint goldenchild!. Thank you

goldenchild said:
spiegelau ipa glasses 6 for $31.20 plus shipping or pick up in kensington sydney. MUST use voucher code CHEER20 in checkout to get the extra 20% off marked down price. lots of other glasses available with same deal but not as good prices
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Spiegelau-Beer-Classics-India-Pale-Ale-Pay-for-4-Get-6-Pk-/252342907240?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D58053fdde4b072b92ae77385%26rpp_icid%3D5804b670e4b0688d614b5bde
Hey goldenchild, is that just valid for today? Birthday tomorrow and I did put a set of Spiegelaus on the wish-list, best to wait and make sure I don't get given them before I order any... :p

DU99 said:
code ends November 7..
I should be able to use this more than once right?

At this price, I think I'll grab a couple more boxes if my wife lets me.....:)

Latest posts

Back