• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admit that the selection of my 6 were biased to the better ones. 85 degC perc and metasilicate did a brilliant job. And my 6 will go into service once the seal kits arrive.

For me, the ones without PRVs would be a pain so my guess is lid replacement. And probably lid replacement for the lids with those larger blueish PRVs, the sun has knocked them around.

I have never used screw seal kegs so they were not for me, but they looked fine.

The tall ones are modified. Cut and a SS ring welded in. One looked schmick, but another look rougher.

A damn good clean needed. Seriously neglected, main o-rings fused to metal [emoji3]. Steel wool required.

And don't breathe in the smell when you open them.

Rick said he used to make alcoholic soft drinks and all types of hooch in them. All the poppets on the gas lines are removed because he fermented in them. Dip tubes were shortened a little bit - his attempt to not pick up the post ferment dregs and yeast.

He's a good old bloke, weathered and worn like the kegs. I had to suss him out though.

So far posts are sound mate, tubes looked good. He has a plastic jar with a yellow lid which has all the poppets so take what you need from it to complete your kegs.

What others have I had? Would be good to get one!!

idzy said:
Good to get electricuted
First, I'm guessing you mean "electrocuted"? Second, I'm guessing you think that anything electrical is dangerous and leads to certain death? If so, you'd be wrong.

mb-squared said:
First, I'm guessing you mean "electrocuted"? Second, I'm guessing you think that anything electrical is dangerous and leads to certain death? If so, you'd be wrong.
I'm assuming you're unaware of the track record for these elements? Water ingress, an inability to disperse heat and crappy insulation doth not a happy brewer make.

Camo6 said:
I'm assuming you're unaware of the track record for these elements? Water ingress, an inability to disperse heat and crappy insulation doth not a happy brewer make.
personally i would never use one. despite the fact they have covered the replacements.

I wouldn't use a keg king element either! But it seemed to me that the comment was about electrical elements in general. If the comment was about keg king elements specifically, then I apologize for being a wise ass.

Back