• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, or the angry wife or something else.... I didn't say I'd take them, just that I was in town and that they looked alright

Hey gents they guy's name is Rick, I met him and he is fair dinkum. It is bargain.

They've been weathered and the tall ones modified to be longer (about 25 litres) welds are ok to excellent.

Some surface rust and a few are screw tops.

For anyone who has a little time (which I'm afraid I don't) the. Money can be made here.

No angry wives here. He's a good old bloke.

Scrap yard will give him $300 but a Brewers time will bring these back to life.

I just wanted 6 and offered him $ 200 which he was cool with.

Got a heap of bits and pieces too. Pm me if you want his mobile number. I took a few photos as well.

Hmmm, I'd be keen on a couple of the taller ones if anyone from Brissy is grabbing a bunch and wouldn't mind picking up a couple extra?

I'll be brutally honest and say I'm too busy/other priorities at the moment to drive down to Surfers for a couple of kegs, great as the price would be.

Meddo said:
Hmmm, I'd be keen on a couple of the taller ones if anyone from Brissy is grabbing a bunch and wouldn't mind picking up a couple extra?

I'll be brutally honest and say I'm too busy/other priorities at the moment to drive down to Surfers for a couple of kegs, great as the price would be.
Me too. Heading down there later in the month, might check it out if still available.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1475828778.237185.jpg

Well, he only wants $300 for the rest so I've actually improved the deal value for you blokes who have the time to restore them.

Go for it lads.

And ease up on the judgement. On the outset the general idea was the deal was fake. I pursued it, confirmed it, reported back to the community, took better photos for you guys, and offered to get anyone in touch with his mobile.

Time is valuable. These kegs will take a lot of time to restore.

I genuinely hope someone gets this bargain.

And gives me a beer!
[emoji13]

A good clean and some new seals do the trick? Or are we looking at new posts and tubes and all that?

Back