• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikec said:
No calipers.
The holes are quite a bit bigger than the ones on my other falsie. I think grains will slip through.
Well after 120 k's and 7 business days Fastway Couriers finally delivered my false bottom.

The hole sizes are about 2 mm in diameter with a spacing or 4-4.5 mm centre to centre.

The morebeer.com false bottoms are 2.38 mm diameter, so I'm assuming it will work fine in a MLT (I wouldn't know because I had to use my bag last weekend).

Looks like a solid product.

treefiddy said:
Well after 120 k's and 7 business days Fastway Couriers finally delivered my false bottom.

The hole sizes are about 2 mm in diameter with a spacing or 4-4.5 mm centre to centre.

The morebeer.com false bottoms are 2.38 mm diameter, so I'm assuming it will work fine in a MLT (I wouldn't know because I had to use my bag last weekend).

Looks like a solid product.

2mm holes sounds good, seems like a good buy.

How many brews do you think the Fastway boys have done on it?

QldKev

QldKev said:
Those scales are great for grain, you can throw a handi-pal on it and chuck the grain directly into it.
Yep, measured out 15kg of grain this way the other day. So much better than using the kitchen scales like I used to. Not a flash bit of kit but really is one of the handiest things I have bought for the brewery.

Amber Fluid said:
Scales are back for a reasonable price again

Black $38.90 free delivery

White $35.90 free delivery
I brought a black one 4 months ago however the tare button has stopped working. Out of warranty as it only has 3 month warranty. Still works though and I can still tare it by turning it off and back on again. I checked it against other smaller more precise scales when measuring smaller weight and was surprised how good it was.

I have had my scales for sometime now and never had any problems with them and like others have said, I also use a smaller kitchen scales for hops.
I also use the 35kg scales to weigh my gas bottle to ensure I don't get ripped off when I need it filled and also they're good to know how much gas you have left.

mmmyummybeer said:
I brought a black one 4 months ago however the tare button has stopped working. Out of warranty as it only has 3 month warranty. Still works though and I can still tare it by turning it off and back on again. I checked it against other smaller more precise scales when measuring smaller weight and was surprised how good it was.
As a side note, even though the seller may have stated a 90 day warranty, you may still be entitled to have it repaired / replaced under Australian Consumer Protection Law. See http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1023610#toc15 for more info.

bum said:
Yep, measured out 15kg of grain this way the other day. So much better than using the kitchen scales like I used to. Not a flash bit of kit but really is one of the handiest things I have bought for the brewery.
I picked up one of the 1g/35KG scales a while back. (doesn't have the display on a stand, looks like the white 2g/35KG models)

Great for measuring grainbills, and weighing out large hunks of meat too. Even weighed the child on it a few times... bathroom scales are iffy ;)

I use a .1g/1KG set of scales for hops... should've got the .01g/100g for brewbrite/yeast nutrient and all that really small stuff.

not me. But with all the talk of cool rooms and a/c units...

Cool room for sale. Compressor running but not cooling. Time for us to upgrade. Selling as is. 1200x1920x 2100 high. Has floor, light and temperature guage. 75mm panels. Buyer to dismantle and remove 2 days after winning bid. Located at Middleton SA. Cash on pick up. Any questions ph 08 85541800

100$

Adelaide, South Australia

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/cool-room-/121065310789?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Restaurant_Catering_Equipment&hash=item1c300e0a45&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1259

$T2eC16hHJFoE9nh6qSR5BRGE28iKww~~60_3.JPG

Amber Fluid said:
That's a great price. One could buy this for the kegs and resell the rest for a bargain.
Sold to the freak in the pink shirt. Thanks for posting, great deal. Confirmed sale via text an hour ago.

received my scales today, the package was massacred and was falling apart so I was scared of the possible outcome.

I fixed one of the broken plate supports (the rubber things) and put on my 100g calibration weight, spot on!

There is a spirit level inside the unit but it must be broken, it is so far from level to the base that I would have to put my scales on 45deg angle to get it to show level (LOL!) Also, the colour is like that cream, old-school computer keyboard colour, not white. Otherwise, good deal.

Latest posts

Back