• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattress said:
Allbids.com.au, a Canberra based auction site, has quite a few of these ceramic reptile heaters going at the moment.

http://www.allbids.com.au/Buy/?T=Ectothermic-Precision-Ceramic-Heat-Emitter---Brand-New&ID=541163

Was just going to ask about the BUYERS PREMIUM

I found it

• ALLBIDS charges 12.5% GST Inclusive on the final price of all
    Auctions (high value items and Motor vehicles may vary – check the
    listing)

• The Buyer’s premium is a percentage of the Purchase price that is paid to ALLBIDS as an auctioneer’s fee.
    The buyer’s premium is only on Auctioned items that do not have a set price.
    The Buyers premium differentiates the Auction market from the retail market as the auction market
    allows buyers to set their own price

• Remember the Buyer’s Premium is 12.5% inclusive of GST and at ALLBIDS our final bid price is also inclusive of GST
Watch out for the postage, it's going to cost more in post to send 1 heater to me, than ebay wants for it total.

QldKev

Can you tare those ones do you know? I wouldnt mind one of these for filling kegs and would probably get one if they tare

they arent extremely accurate at 2g but dont really need to be I guess for full grain bills/kegs

:icon_cheers:

Yob said:
Can you tare those ones do you know? I wouldnt mind one of these for filling kegs and would probably get one if they tare

they arent extremely accurate at 2g but dont really need to be I guess for full grain bills/kegs

Yes you can, which makes it good for measuring quantity into cubes as well. I have had mine for a few years.

cheers

Yob said:

I've got one, and yes it has a tare button. I often use it when adding grains, just hit it between every grain variety to save adding a running total.

QldKev

Perfect for a few uses in the brewery. Will save borrow the kitchen ones and forgetting to put them back.

That is a good price on the scales. How do they go at measuring out hops? Usually my additions are between 15g and 30g, thought it might not be so accurate at those lower numbers.
Thanks for link

mattyl said:
That is a good price on the scales. How do they go at measuring out hops? Usually my additions are between 15g and 30g, thought it might not be so accurate at those lower numbers.
Thanks for link
There's a few cheap (~$10) digital scales on ebay for <200/100g at 0.1/0.01g increments which are perfect for weighing hops.

I have a large one (like the one linked) for grain and the other small one for hops.

mattyl said:
Thanks for link
Those scales are great for grain, you can throw a handi-pal on it and chuck the grain directly into it.

For hops, on evilbay there are heaps of cheap kitchen scales like this for about $6 posted.

QldKev

^ Same here. Have those same large scales for grain, for which they're perfect. The kids love them for playing shops too. They're identical to the old butchers/market stall ones.
They would do for hops but they're not really sensitive enough, same as sponge I picked up some tiny $10 ones that are better suited.

I got the black 2g/35Kg version last year.
It actually measures in 10g increments, not 2g.

Not enough of an issue to send them back, but worth noting.

Back