• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may all depend upon how many life's your got left mtb. Have you heard of Dante's Inferno, 9 circles of hell? It's a worry when your avatar appears next to "ebay and gum tree finds" on the post listings. :noworries:

Scored myself some stainless winemaking drums recently. Four of them have lids/seals etc, the fifth might make a nice candidate for a HLT. $110 for the lot.
I bought them sight unseen as I had a feeling it was a steal, and someone else would get to them first. They were used for small batch winemaking. Anyone know what modifications I'll need to make to use them as fermenters? Installing a beer post and diptube, I assume
$_20.JPG

Nahh no diptubes - just get a non-weld bulkhead fitting and build stands, so the outlet can be on the centre of the base.

If you're fermenting this large though, temperature control becomes a bigger issue. Also, that's a hell of a hot side to produce batches that big!

Nahh no diptubes - just get a non-weld bulkhead fitting and build stands, so the outlet can be on the centre of the base.

If you're fermenting this large though, temperature control becomes a bigger issue. Also, that's a hell of a hot side to produce batches that big!
Great idea. I'll get onto that today I think.

Grott - I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy the stainless bench. I doubt I'll find another that suited for a brewery in Canberra for a very long time, for the price. And if I spruce up the brewery enough, I can install a panic room for when SWMBO decides to research how much it's all *actually* worth, and my standard "Gumtree bargain" excuse doesn't save me.

Great idea. I'll get onto that today I think.

Grott - I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy the stainless bench. I doubt I'll find another that suited for a brewery in Canberra for a very long time, for the price. And if I spruce up the brewery enough, I can install a panic room for when SWMBO decides to research how much it's all *actually* worth, and my standard "Gumtree bargain" excuse doesn't save me.
There are many panic room ideas on the Doomsday Preppers site.

If I had room to store both I'd get a full set up :p Why do you say that though?

Have organised to pick one up though already, thanks for the heads up!

Why do you say that though?
Known as the "slippery slope"

1. The more brews you do the better your beer gets
  2. Your friends and family soon learn this.
  3. Your friends and family drink you dry
  4. You double out put
  5. Your friends and family still drink you dry
  6. You get a second urn
also at that price you'll almost get your money back, if/when you sold them to upgrade further.

1. The more brews you do the better your beer gets
  2. Your friends and family soon learn this.
  3. Your friends and family drink you dry
  4. You double out put
  5. Your friends and family still drink you dry

Isn't it funny that when you home brew people think it doesn't cost you anything, its free.
(note: I gladly and enjoy providing family and friends with brews, just making an observation)

Latest posts

Back