• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan` said:
links not working for me?
let's try that again.. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Tap-Flooded-Cobra-Beer-Font-with-taps-/152242705134?hash=item23725f52ee:g:qusAAOSwzaJX2pLz

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Why didn't you want to keep it?
The main reason is - I'd need to use a bar fridge for the under-bench keg cold storage and I just can't find one the right size in Canberra. The alternative is to get my hands on a glycol system and chill the font, assumedly removing the need to chill the kegs at all, but that takes effort and I'm too lazy.
Most of all though, I know another home brewer will go nuts over it whereas in my garage it's just collecting dust

Mardoo said:
Cheaper is right! We use both the Kogan-type ones and the Bunnings ones in our daycare, and the Bunnings ones are significantly less durable and cheaper quality. We got the Kogan-ish ones on eBay for a better price. I'll see whether I can find the seller.

So, from my experience, I would recommend spending a bit more and getting better quality ones than the Bunnings ones.
OK, here are the good quality mats we use. 58cm square and 2.4cm thick.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271062851753

mtb said:
All I see here is four simultaneous mashes :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:
That's basically how a congress mash bath works: it's like a 20 vessel bain marie with programmed temperature control and magnetic stirring (and a huge price tag).

Lyrebird_Cycles said:
That's basically how a congress mash bath works: it's like a 20 vessel bain marie with programmed temperature control and magnetic stirring (and a huge price tag).
Those are really only for analysis for QC, though, right?

Yep, standard mash is 50.0 g so there's not much and the idea of a congress mash is maximal extraction so they are often not pretty. I never tried to make beer from them but I think it would have been phenolic as hell if I had.

Killer Brew said:
Looks overpriced given only 1 of the tanks is jacketed
Tell em their 'dreamin' Lol.

Could buy a cool room to stick the tanks in i suppose.

Funny thing the biggest cost is all the venue / council / paperwork / legal paraphernalia.... more so than the equipment.

Looks like the left overs from the Young Henry's boys.
Would be about the same area.

good4whatAlesU said:
Tell em their 'dreamin' Lol.
Could buy a cool room to stick the tanks in i suppose.
Funny thing the biggest cost is all the venue / council / paperwork / legal paraphernalia.... more so than the equipment.
If you are referring to the entire fit out excluding equip then yes. Council approvals, licensing and legals are not massive costs in the grand scheme. More time consuming and frustrating than anything though I suspect.

Latest posts

Back