• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would these hops still be any good?

I saw these and thought that they were not worth the risk. Most packets have lost there seal, and they are 2-3 years old.

All depends how they have been treated over this period. If they have been frozen they maybe ok, but if kept on the shelf or even in a fridge, they could have oxidised, and will make shite beer.

Better to buy in bulk off one of the trust advertisers. At least you have a comeback if the hops are no good.

Barry

1 was thinking a kilo of cluster could be good for some upcomming lambics!

Oh, good question... i would assume that a 1/2inch male end (say, skin fitting) would then fit into a 1/2inch female fitting (being the reverse), say a nut and/or tap...

that's how my logic works - anyone - correct me if i'm wrong!

i have also notice that 1/2 inch bsp is also described around the place as 15mm, anyone know why that is? cause half of an inch is 12.7mm... <_<

jimmy

I've got a fitting like this in my HLT - but thats all it's really good for. You'd need to weld a pickup tube to the other end for it to be useful in a kettle / MLT. Unless that one is threaded internally...

I'm definitely curious but I'm not gonna just jump straight in this time. Any tips on getting them from extinguisher mode to keg mode. From what I have read they can be simple if you have a shop that is happy to handle/fill/modify them. The look a bit aged in the pic. Anyone else game? Note seller's user name

Damn that would be a great bulk buy. Maybe we should work together on this one??

I would guess that it is not the weight of the extinguishers that stops them being shipped - I don't think you will find any transport mob that will ship a charged gas cylinder.

(Also, the $60 estimate for a recharge for a 3.5kg bottle is a bit optimistic - my last charge (after the bunged the price up) cost me $18)

HAGW

Festa.

- my last charge (after the bunged the price up) cost me $18

Geeze I wish filling my MyKegOnLegs bottle was that cheap...but then again considering my first fill lasted nearly 2 years it was well priced...but $ are $..

Pok

Here's one for the Queensland brewers

Located at Maroochydore an awesome fridge,I wish I had room for this baby,it would fit heaps of kegs and look the goods with 6 or more taps.

http://tinyurl.com/5faytm

Batz

Here's one for the Queensland brewers

Located at Maroochydore an awesome fridge,I wish I had room for this baby,it would fit heaps of kegs and look the goods with 6 or more taps.

http://tinyurl.com/5faytm

Batz

Its a thing of beauty, maybe a good addition for Screwtops garage?

Damn that would be a great bulk buy. Maybe we should work together on this one??
Guys, I'll pick this one up if you'd all be so good as to not bid against me. I'll sell them in the marketplace for 1/15 of the final bid price after I win it, and will do what I can to make shipping as easy as possible if anyone interstate wants one. I'll snipe it so as to not drive the bid up.

Just a thought............. check with them on how long till the pressure vessel certification runs out............... If they only have 12 months left it could get expensive as noone will fill them till you have them re-pressure tested.

Guys, I'll pick this one up if you'd all be so good as to not bid against me. I'll sell them in the marketplace for 1/15 of the final bid price after I win it, and will do what I can to make shipping as easy as possible if anyone interstate wants one. I'll snipe it so as to not drive the bid up.

Grab them - at worst, you will get about 12 months free gas from each. Really easy to convert to a 601 Reg pattern, I've been using them for years.

Any that you don't sell, just store. I don't bother trying to refill, I just get anotherone from the stash!

CHeers - Mike

Sounds like they could be a bargain... Does anyone know where you can refill fire extinguishers around the Hill's District?

I'm keen Lethalcorpse, whats your Ebay name so no one is bidding against you? I'm definitely keen for at least one if "we" win. I'll be watching with interest :)

navaEneah. You won't see me until the last ten seconds, but unless it jumps from a hundred or so to over $200 in the last minutes I'll have it stitched up.

LC, I'm interested in buying 1 or 2 from you if win and want to sell a few off.
Let me know. Cheers.

Back