• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd return it if I were you. I bought one for my mum and it works fine. Was using it this afternoon and the nozzle retracts fully and the lip doesn't bend up in the middle. Vacuuming was fine, so I'd guess you may have a dodgy one?

When I took a look at it, I realised that it's slightly different to mine. My guess is same internals, but slightly different build quality as you pointed out. The locking mechanism is different (mine has clips while yours doesn't) which doesn't seem as rugged, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

Contact the ebay seller and let him know what the issues are.
Good to know your mums one works fine. I'll have another fiddle with it tonight and if I can't get it to work as it should I'll go down that path. Im fine with a device having a 'personality' if it still works, and too lazy to package it up take it to a post office and send it back and wait for a replacement unless it's completely buggered.

Good to know your mums one works fine. I'll have another fiddle with it tonight and if I can't get it to work as it should I'll go down that path. Im fine with a device having a 'personality' if it still works, and too lazy to package it up take it to a post office and send it back and wait for a replacement unless it's completely buggered.

True, but... if the nozzle is still protruding when you seal, I'd guess that you're not getting a proper seal around the nozzle area and so it's not really going to be airtight. I agree about the return postage costs, that sucks. But sometimes ebay sellers are pretty good and pay it for you, or just send you a new item without you returning it. At least email the seller so he knows it's an issue, and that you're looking at it.

30L urn in Perth on gumtree, Ocean Reef, $30. I emailed her and it's 31cm x 48cm (outside dimensions, not internals), holds 30L, brand is Langco Florite.

Thanks mate, been looking for an urn! might be good. Have emailed.

Although is it too small for a 20ish litre batch?

Are you using the urn for BIAB or as an HLT for a 3V system? Not sure about BIAB, but it'd be fine for a HLT. Just refill after mashing in.

Was probably going to do BIAB (space saving reasons) but if I get that urn for $30 I could do a 3v system pretty easy I guess.

Although is it too small for a 20ish litre batch?

I used one of these before I made a keggle, it will fit 28 Litres with very little room for boil overs so you need to watch closely! But it will do 19-20 Litre batches(3V).

Good luck

Clinton

I used one of these before I made a keggle, it will fit 28 Litres with very little room for boil overs so you need to watch closely! But it will do 19-20 Litre batches.

Good luck

Clinton

Thanks mate, might have to give it a try

Sounds more like a 20lt to me.

If those were the internal dimensions, it'd be a 36L urn. Assuming that 6L is taken up by the electrics, 30L sounds about right. Might need to check that though - Batz, you could be right.

Yeah I worked it out as internal so not too sure.. makes it hard not knowing. Cheers for the heads up.

Edit - just estimating using the picture its about 26 litres ( estimated removing 1/5 of the height ) not including from the weld line around the bottom which I assume is the electrics.

Probably not worth it then hey ?? although for 30 bucks might be worth it anyway

Well I have a 10lt that looks just like that one and it's 38x23

Batz

no idea what the shit on the lid is. looks like sticky taps and paper. could be my upgraded mashtun.... giving me, 50hlt, 120mt, 90kettle

Well I have a 10lt that looks just like that one and it's 38x23

Batz

Yeh, Blakie, probably best to get her to supply you with internal dimensions so you can calculate the volume. It's a great price, but a bit useless if you can't end up using it.

Back