• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is an australian plug, i think it does a number of national plugs.
i havent had a problem with mine altho the plug on the back is upside down so the unit sits upside down when plugged into a power point. maybe its just the one i got. still hasnt caused me any problems

yet....

is it a "genuine brand?"

is it a "genuine brand?"

LMFAO! No! i havent found a brand on it at all! its chinese made. but like i said works well for what i want it to do. been going non stop now since the week before christmas. holding temp at 3 degrees easily! it has a heat and a cool function so depending on what you want it to do. only does one or the other! not sure if the STC1000 does or not. but i just wanted something that would just plug in and go. i dont like playing with electricity

LMFAO! No! i havent found a brand on it at all! its chinese made. but like i said works well for what i want it to do. been going non stop now since the week before christmas. holding temp at 3 degrees easily! it has a heat and a cool function so depending on what you want it to do. only does one or the other! not sure if the STC1000 does or not. but i just wanted something that would just plug in and go. i dont like playing with electricity

I just hope you didn't pay the $2230 they're trying to sell that one for ;)

I just hope you didn't pay the $2230 they're trying to sell that one for ;)

nope not that silly! i paid just under $50 for the thermostat and a heater pad including delivery. prob a bit much but i wanted to pay not to play with electricity
Electrocuted.gif

I have a STC 1000 and it does heat and cool separately. But yes it is not "plug and play" like your non genuine model.

Lucky for me I am a sparky and eat 240V for breakfast

What's it? 32 something dollars wih free delivery. That includes it being wired up in a compact little unit. Take an stc and you have to buy the thing for ~17 + ext cord ~5 + icecream box. And that's basic as it gets besides being borderline dangerous simply because of the cheap plastic box and not spending the cash on securing it all. It is after all 240v.
I don't get what people have against one generic Chinese product vs another generic Chinese product. These are fairly easy to use and you don't go near even a screwdriver!
I've got 2 now and neither has missed a beat. Quite accurate too once I worked out putting the probes in a bottle of water.
Your ice cream box might be ok, but when/if a unit actually malfunctioned badly, it can easily melt the box. If I had to mount a box I'd do it in something safe. By the time you put those costs together, 32 bucks is cheap.

My 32.4c

it is an australian plug, i think it does a number of national plugs.
i havent had a problem with mine altho the plug on the back is upside down so the unit sits upside down when plugged into a power point. maybe its just the one i got. still hasnt caused me any problems

yet....

It's actually a Chinese plug. They're upside down compared to ours. They sometimes don't have the insulation at the base of the pins like ours now have to have either

Now i have seen everything...
Over $1000 and climbing....must be one hell of a beer fridge....and it also goes to show that those who drink this beer have no taste and far too much money
VB beer fridge

Latest posts

Back