• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon dude. In summer it gets up to 7C and that's wayyy too warm to drink VB.

i got sun burn in tassie once :(

Didn't help that i was helping on race cars at baskerville.

tassie - were smart west aussie retire to. dumb ones go to queensland.

Ha ha ha... just as well us Taswegians have got 2 heads. It makes our shoulders wide enough to take all the crap that gets dished out <_<

we actually reached 34C yesterday. I had to put away the VB and crack a Corona instead :blink:

Just bought one for my new keggle. $14 with free postage.

Nice. Thanks.

For anyone interested in a vacuum sealer, this unit is going at $55 delivered. While you can buy a Maxkon for around $60, this one's a DZ-300A rebadged, which generally sell for around $130-160. (same unit as this one)
well, mine arrived today. It works, but takes a bit of ******* around. I'm not convinced by the build quality. the lid bends up a bit in the middle which causes it to lose vacuum a little.
main problem is that the nozzle doesn't retract fully, you have to push it back the last 10mm while pushing the sealing bar in the same motion. definitely not as easy going as the video in the link above.
For $55 bucks it does it's job, but I'd be spewing if I'd spend $130 on it.
the advantage I suppose is that the maxkon uses the more expensive rippled bags.

well, mine arrived today. It works, but takes a bit of ******* around. I'm not convinced by the build quality. the lid bends up a bit in the middle which causes it to lose vacuum a little.
main problem is that the nozzle doesn't retract fully, you have to push it back the last 10mm while pushing the sealing bar in the same motion. definitely not as easy going as the video in the link above.
the advantage I suppose is that the maxkon uses the more expensive rippled bags.

I have one of these I got last year and one of the clips will no longer lock the lid down 90% of the time, I didnt have a problem with the nozzle like you however.

I have one of these I got last year and one of the clips will no longer lock the lid down 90% of the time, I didnt have a problem with the nozzle like you however.

so in other words they're shit :lol:

so in other words they're shit :lol:

I opened it up to try and fix the clip and build quality didnt look amazing, the earth wire was just cut off and hanging in there etc But it did work fine up untill the clip stopped working.

I'd return it if I were you. I bought one for my mum and it works fine. Was using it this afternoon and the nozzle retracts fully and the lip doesn't bend up in the middle. Vacuuming was fine, so I'd guess you may have a dodgy one?

When I took a look at it, I realised that it's slightly different to mine. My guess is same internals, but slightly different build quality as you pointed out. The locking mechanism is different (mine has clips while yours doesn't) which doesn't seem as rugged, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

Contact the ebay seller and let him know what the issues are.

i got sun burn in tassie once :(

Didn't help that i was helping on race cars at baskerville.

tassie - were smart west aussie retire to. dumb ones go to queensland.
Too true ,born in WA, spent a fair bit of my time living QLD and the torres Islands. Love Tassie. Fing cold but nice country, reminds me of Lithuania.Water Forrest and fucked roads.
Nev

Back