Ebay Digital Fridge Thermostat Anyone Used This One?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different to the ones I've seen you guys use. Had anyone tried this one?
Linky

Hate to burn my house down after renos
looks the goods but thats where it stops. no mention of a cut in compressor delay, this protects your fridge from cutting in and out continuously which will burn out the compressor. and it only handles 3 1/2 amps.
i'd give this one a miss.

Using it. No probs. there is compressor delay - from watching it work. Perfect item for qld or keg fridges.

looks the goods but thats where it stops. no mention of a cut in compressor delay, this protects your fridge from cutting in and out continuously which will burn out the compressor. and it only handles 3 1/2 amps.
i'd give this one a miss.

Hey thanks, thats sweet bit of info. Im wantin to automate a recirc mash and was going to use a spare stc1000 to control an electric element but was wondering how disable the switching delay. This device will do it for me !

Edit: **** it, no it wont. Wrong temp range, no mention of the sensor type and 800w. Goddamn.

Anyway, to the OP, buy an STC1000. Buy three, theyre handy for all sorts of shit !

its cooling OR heating, not both

STC does both and $10 cheaper... but needs a bit of wiring

Just got another one for my ferm fridge :) can't be easier. Could not be arsed dicking around with sockets and wiring in this case, that will end up costing 'me' more.

I just grabbed one then seems like a dead easy option to just throw on the spare fridge in time for Xmas heat wave in the West.

Just got mine today, I asked the seller where my order was and he explained christmas rush etc.... Anyway, he speedposted it to make up for it! Can't be happier. Independent sensor showing .7 degree difference.. :)

Just got mine today, I asked the seller where my order was and he explained christmas rush etc.... Anyway, he speedposted it to make up for it! Can't be happier. Independent sensor showing .7 degree difference.. :)

I asked the seller also and he explained the order hadnt got to him yet so he could ship. Was apparently going to be express but to the West Coast nothing is express.

I asked the seller also and he explained the order hadnt got to him yet so he could ship. Was apparently going to be express but to the West Coast nothing is express.
haha.. if it got to Cairns!....

u might get lucky on Wednesday :)

Here is hoping as I will have 2 cubes waiting for fermentation in the 'new' fermenting fridge.

Latest posts

Back