Dullsville

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clap... clap... clap...

That is why people go down to Freeo; to punch on at Little Creatures and Clancy's. Those places are a bloodbath.

Great another Perth bashing thread! No I mean it, this place is turning into some sort of puritan colony. The problem is that Western Australia (Perth) seems to regard itself as in some way exceptional and that any change will despoil this utopia. I mean Northbridge is supposed to be the throbbing heart of the tourist precinct. And someone wants to open a pub! Amazing!

Anybody that ventures out in the wild west after dark has a death wish.

The force on 9 :icon_cheers:

And those that have never been to WA and think that all that happens is recorded by a TV show can get off the bus right now. Another liquor outlet in Northbridge won't change a thing. Those people who go out to get pissed and cause trouble will still be there and those with real taste buds will have something decent to drink.

Drew

They talk about it being a large drinking venue, yet the original plans I had heard of were talking about a pretty small brewpub. Don't bother me much, spending more money on the home bar as I don't go out anyway.

same here Mika love relaxing at home with the missus & kids but Im an old fart when I was young the lure of girls & a good time look out

I was disappointed at the new Generous Squire pub in Perth CDB serving megaswill beers on tap and in the bottle along with any type of spirit you want.

If a pub were to only sell craft / specialty beers (and wine for the ladies) they would not attract the wrong demographic

This is why Little Creatures works so well

The only thing a new micro will bring to Northbridge is people after a few good beers in a relaxed environment... Not pissed bogans looking for action

Western Australia fears change

The curtains will fade and the cows will go crazy if we change the way things currently are :rolleyes:

Something like Mrs Parmas where you can get a good selection of craft beer. The trouble with the JS pub is that it's restricted to JS beers, whisch is OK as far as it goes but ...

I have travelled a lot for work and have been out on the town in all the capital cities in the country.
From high dinning to the darkest of sticky carpet strip joints.

I have to say that Northbridge was by far the wildest place in the country after about 11pm.

Sydney's hotest night spots are dead in comparison. Hell of a place. Th west knows how to party on a Saturday night.

A new pub won't make any difference.

BOG

This has not made it to the State adminitrative tribumal yet, if it does need to, I would say It would be passed, the nay sayers are doing thier job, but dont have much weight in the actual planning process,

clap... clap... clap...

That is why people go down to Freeo; to punch on at Little Creatures and Clancy's. Those places are a bloodbath.

I've read your post a few times but I'm still not sure if you're joking or not.

ah, i get it now, them's fancy places with fancy beer.

Back