Ducting air from keezer into a fermenter box.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthrony

Reaction score
Hi people,

I have a couple of old computer fans lying around, a dead chest freezer and a temp controller. I have built a small chest keezer with a collar on it. I want to pipe cooler air out of it into the old box using pvc piping and a small computer fan. Has anyone done this successfully to keep a fermenter box at a constant 18C ? Any advice welcome.

Cheers
Anthony.

Last edited:
I did something similar a few years ago when my fermenting fridge broke down. Froze water in cubes and milk bottles and put them in the top freezer compartment and used a computer fan and STC to regulate the temp in the fridge compartment.

Worked well for months till I got another working fridge freezer. Frozen bottles only needed changing every 2-3 days.

I have a couple of old computer fans lying around, a dead chest freezer and a temp controller. I have built a small chest keezer with a collar on it. I want to pipe cooler air out of it into the old box using pvc piping and a small computer fan. Has anyone done this successfully to keep a fermenter box at a constant 18C ? Any advice welcome.

Some advice, you'll need to have either 2 pipes, so air can flow back into the Keezer, or a larger pipe with a smaller pipe on the inside, push the cool air in the smaller pipe and the warmer air can flow back to the keezer down the bigger pipe.

Not sure why you say I need the air to flow back into the keezer (Box A) from dead chest freezer (box B). I'm just blowing cooler air into Box B at a much lower temp than it ever would go back in at.

I'm just blowing cooler air into Box B at a much lower temp than it ever would go back in at.

Thats Dubzie's point, your cooling the hotter air in box b because it returns with pipe 2 to box a, you need circulation.. you cant just blow air into one area without it being displaced.

Back