Dry Hopping

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce86

Reaction score
hey guys i read somewhere on here about dry hopping and cant find it again. is it just adding hops at the end of fermentation and leting it sit for a few days? if so i wanna add some to the Tcoopers heritage larger to try avoid the apple twang i was told it kinda gives. If this is how u DH what should i add.

Thanx :)

Did you try searching 'dry hopping' using the google search function above the default search function?

Essentially it's adding hops, dry, to your brew. Best results will occur if you let active fermentation wind down first.

Some hops are better suited than others, dry hopping too long with the wrong hop can result in unwelcome flavours.

Better ways to avoid apple twang than trying to mask it with hops though.

Did you try searching dry hopping?

Essentially it's adding hops, dry, to your brew. Best results will occur if you let active fermentation wind down first.

Some hops are better suited than others, dry hopping too long with the wrong hop can result in unwelcome flavours.

Better ways to avoid apple twang than trying to mask it with hops though.

thanks mate yeah searched it and it said there was nothing which is crap cuz i read it the other day lol and was hoping to get to the shops in time :). ill just skip on the hops then and worry about using them in the second brew. thanx again one last thing can u delete a topic u have created to not waste anyone else time :p

You could PM an admin but really there are far more time wasting topics than this one on here. I'd forget it.

Don't discount dry hopping - definitely research it more. Apple twang can be avoided by various techniques including using healthy yeast, proper fermentation/conditioning and good temperature control.

Adding dry hops to a bad brew may help but in the same way putting masking tape over an ugly person makes them less ugly. Treat the cause rather than the symptom and do that through prevention.

Adding dry hops to a bad brew may help but in the same way putting masking tape over an ugly person makes them less ugly.

Awesome quote. Gonna recycle that one many times i reckon...

You could PM an admin but really there are far more time wasting topics than this one on here. I'd forget it.

Don't discount dry hopping - definitely research it more. Apple twang can be avoided by various techniques including using healthy yeast, proper fermentation/conditioning and good temperature control.

Adding dry hops to a bad brew may help but in the same way putting masking tape over an ugly person makes them less ugly. Treat the cause rather than the symptom and do that through prevention.

hahahhaha effing ledgend lol! and i will for the next brew cheers

Latest posts

Back