Double Mix

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterkinden

Reaction score
Gents,

Sorry for the amature question - i searched but couldn't find this question asked before.

If i'm making 2 kits in one fermenter, does one use both sachets of yeast? does that also mean that i would be adding something like 2 kg of malt / dex??? if not more?

Will this take longer to ferment than the usual 7 - 10 days?

Is there any cons to doubling up?

Cheers

Peter

How big do you intend to make the batch? If you double everything (including batch size), use both sachets of yeast and it should take the usual time. If you are just doing a normal batch size, using two kits will yield you a doubly bitter beer (for a standard batch all of the bitterness comes from the kits).

How big do you intend to make the batch? If you double everything (including batch size), use both sachets of yeast and it should take the usual time. If you are just doing a normal batch size, using two kits will yield you a doubly bitter beer (for a standard batch all of the bitterness comes from the kits).

I was planning on simply using 2 kits that i got from the store as i have a 60lt fermenter. so 46lt beer or there and about of.

Latest posts

Back