• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Does Anyone Have Any Dead Marines?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetsamHsam

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just bottled and kegged three batches last night and I now only have four bottles left, with one 30L batch fermenting and three in cubes waiting to go I am in desperate need of some empties.. So does anyone in the sydney area have any surplus bottles lying around looking for a good home??? Please.....

Have you tried 2L PETS from ALDI? make a good 'backup' system for regular quaffing beers if nothing else and the beer keeps good for up to 3 months. I regard them as a halfway house between bottling and kegging $11 will bottle an entire brew quickly and neatly in two cartons. However if 2 L is a fair slugabeer for you maybe they would be too big.

George Bush has plenty :ph34r:
Sorry, best to put your location under the thread title so people don't have to open the thread just to see where you are.

Have you tried 2L PETS from ALDI? make a good 'backup' system for regular quaffing beers if nothing else and the beer keeps good for up to 3 months. I regard them as a halfway house between bottling and kegging $11 will bottle an entire brew quickly and neatly in two cartons. However if 2 L is a fair slugabeer for you maybe they would be too big.

I tend to polish off the keg first then go for the bottles acouple of months after the keg is long forgotten, this way I get to see how the beer ages over time.. So if they don't stand the test of time it might not be worth it. Then again it would be better than tipping it down the sink..

George Bush has plenty :ph34r:
Sorry, best to put your location under the thread title so people don't have to open the thread just to see where you are.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A good idea, I don't think I can edit the thread title once I have created it though..

Just did it for ya, will cost you beer :icon_cheers:

I've got a few crates you can have.

other option is to buy some coopers PETs or follow Bribie's method

G'day,

I'll go through my bottles on the weekend and see how many I have as they are spread through the brew cupboard, kitchen and dining room right now. I have a feeling I may have half dozen or posibly more spare/no room to store them.

A guy on ebay has 60 bottles currently at $0.99 from Earlwood. There is a good chance I will be down in Bankstown, which is nextdoor, on the weekend. I could bid for you and bring to the Sydney case swap for you or you could pick em up from mine if you wanted them. Mixture of crown and thread seal he said. If you wanted em earlier good chance I'd be cruising past yours on the way to the folks in Cranebrook next fortnight sometime.

Back