Does a Ramp and Soak PID Change Much

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fylp

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've acquired a kiln controller that I can rig up to my new control box for my BIAB grainfatheresque set up- I'm adding 1kw more power. It will be a bit of a stuff around to get it to fit in my box I scored in a clean up, so I'm wondering if it is worth it. My other unit will fit fine and I was thinking about how easily it is to put the strike water in when I wake and then get to the rest when I can be bothered. I suppose I'm wondering if I'm making life difficult by trying to make it easy.

Any experience or opinions?

Fylp

Do you even controller build, bro?

I love my ramp soak for the ease at which I can step mash. Otherwise a standard PID is ample if you don't mind timing and adjusting mash steps or just sticking to a single rest w/ mashout.
Actually, my Auber r/s PID doesn't allow manual duty cycle control of the element. Something to consider if running a basic all electric kettle and want to control the boil.

Camo6 said:
Do you even controller build, bro?

I love my ramp soak for the ease at which I can step mash. Otherwise a standard PID is ample if you don't mind timing and adjusting mash steps or just sticking to a single rest w/ mashout.
Actually, my Auber r/s PID doesn't allow manual duty cycle control of the element. Something to consider if running a basic all electric kettle and want to control the boil.
Strange question considering I've mentioned I have a kiln controller and that I'm building a new control box.

Fylp said:
Strange question considering I've mentioned I have a kiln controller and that I'm building a new control box.
Don't mind me. I have an acute case of memeitus brought on by an unwanted bookface affliction.
But if you can get past that, my second paragraph contributes somewhat.

Back