Do you use a VPN?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use PIA but found it really, really slow... particularly when using servers outside Aus. How do you get good speeds for torrenting (asking for a friend of course) if you can't use Aus servers?

why you torrenting chap? assuming you are viewing, wouldn't streaming be the go?
vpns aren't really set up for peer 2 peer sharing ... you can try and change them to servers closer to you with lower latency, but apart from that there's not too much more to do.
maybe newsgroups?

I used to use PIA but found it really, really slow... particularly when using servers outside Aus. How do you get good speeds for torrenting (asking for a friend of course) if you can't use Aus servers?
I get 0.5mb/s (I don't know what is and isn't fast) so that's around 15-20 minutes a film. Also noticed this doesn't change much so when I have 3 downloading at the same time they're all at .5MB/s. So 1.5mb/s for the three. Been using the Sweden server lately and does a good job.

why you torrenting chap? assuming you are viewing, wouldn't streaming be the go?
vpns aren't really set up for peer 2 peer sharing ... you can try and change them to servers closer to you with lower latency, but apart from that there's not too much more to do.
maybe newsgroups?
Had some trouble when google deleted all the streams... I think I have one set up to go now though, but only tried it once last night so not sure how long it'll be up for!

I might give it another go and see how it works with things other than torrenting.
The other problem was that dota went to absolute shit when it was turned on... even using Aus servers.

I get 0.5mb/s (I don't know what is and isn't fast) so that's around 15-20 minutes a film. Also noticed this doesn't change much so when I have 3 downloading at the same time they're all at .5MB/s. So 1.5mb/s for the three. Been using the Sweden server lately and does a good job.
I get about 10mb/s without it and, from memory, was getting sub 100kb/s speeds with it turned on. Spent a few hours trying to fix it, but in the end couldn't be assed

Had some trouble when google deleted all the streams... I think I have one set up to go now though, but only tried it once last night so not sure how long it'll be up for!

I might give it another go and see how it works with things other than torrenting.
The other problem was that dota went to absolute shit when it was turned on... even using Aus servers.

I get about 10mb/s without it and, from memory, was getting sub 100kb/s speeds with it turned on. Spent a few hours trying to fix it, but in the end couldn't be assed
I know i am floggin a dead horse here, but always worth a try, is it worth trying some open dns servers, rather than google if that's that you are using? i didn't think about gaming, been so friggin long since i had the net, again that's going to be a latency thing i would have thought. you can always try and tune the vpn settings but it depends how flexible the provider is.

Back