Do You Guys Wear Gloves ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty sure i've offerd before cause your in vic but again you are welcome to come watch me brew. brewing this weekend if thats any help.

I havent seen your offer if you did fents but that would be great.. Tho i will be away till after Chrissy.

I would love to hook it up tho.

Thanks for the reply guys. that was one of the fastest threads iv seen in a long time.

I do have one question though.

If the beer tastes/smells allright it means the yeast has won the germ fight and its safe for consumption ?

Cheers guys.

Something like that. Yes. :)

Cheers - Fermented.

I havent seen your offer if you did fents but that would be great.. Tho i will be away till after Chrissy.

I would love to hook it up tho.

PM me when ya get back, we'll sort it out.

If the beer tastes/smells allright it means the yeast has won the germ fight and its safe for consumption ?

imo, yes. Pretty much. In fact, to snip what you said....

the yeast has won the germ fight
This, to me, is sanitisation in a nutshell. It's a numbers game, lowering the nasty bugs to the point where the good bugs can triumph. Survival of the fittest. Strong, fit, healthy yeast + poor bugs that have been softened up by a pre-emptive strike of sanatiser = tickertape parade and medals all around for the heroes of the microbe wars. :D

HEHE good to hear guys.

and thanks for making me look up proctology exams citymourgue.. LOL.

Just wait until you discover lambics, oud bruins, and other Belgian beers. Berlinner Weisse too for that matter. All beers that have had bacteria run amok, but still delicious. Honestly, I do not know of any potentially deadly organisms that can survive/thrive in beer. Every now and again you'll see a botulism thread, but I read long ago (on hbd.org I think) that the botulinum bacteria can't survive in "high" sugar concentrations, particularly if the pH is low.....in other words, wort.

besides if your too clean you cant try and pass a hangover off as an infection!

Trim and clean my finger nails, then wash my hands and arms, then wash in the Idophores to sterilise them. Never any problems!

Being very careful not to touch anything not washed in Idophores, if so, then re-clense with Idophores.

There is nothing more simple or important about being ANALLY Hygenic!

You should try growing porcini, oyster, shitaki etc from spores, now THAT is some serious sterilisation technique.

... or Koji for making Sake.

I wore a glove on my left hand all this morning.......
but I was playing a round of golf !

I've never even thought of wearing gloves for making beer.

I do wear a plastic glove when I'm airbrushing the models I build, so I don't get paint spray on my hands.

Do you guys wear gloves?

Nah, bareback all the way :ph34r:

[insert Customs / law enforcement joke here]

Cheers - Fermented.

"Slip into something more comfortable, and so will I"

*snaps cuff of latex glove*

I actually said that to my BIL when he asked me to dye his hair red.....

Back