Do anybody recommend a KIT for my second experience ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus_CAT

Reaction score
Hi everyone !
As my first experience brewing the Coopers Lager Kit with some Galaxy (I love that flavor) and Cascade dry hopping (during the fermentation process) was really successful before I run out of beer I want to start thinking in the next brew. I'm really proud of the first "craft" beer result and me and my friends are enjoying a lot it.
I've learned a lot in this forum and I'm sure that someone could recommend any other kit to brew and ferment around 15-16C constant temperature (. I usually go to Dave's brew shop in North Sydney to buy the staff.
I know that to brew round 15-16C a lager yeast is the most appropriate but as I'm not a big fan of the lager beers any possible variation will be more than welcome !
This time a want to improve a bit the process from the previous one and I was thinking in buy a good kit, a good yeast and keep experimenting with the hoops may be boiling some hoops before the fermentation process...

Thanks a lot and all the opinions are more than welcome !

Cheers,

10-14c = lager yeast
16-20c = ale yeast

Look at getting yourself an Amber Ale. I did a kit with an Amber Ale and it was excellent for my tastes.
Try this really basic one...

23L
Thomas Coopers Traditional Draught Can
1.5kg LME (Amber Malt)
30gm Cascade (dry hop around day 4)
US05 Ale Yeast

AlcVol 4.5%

Try to sit it around 18c as best you can.

Hi Marcus,I do this K & K +,every now & then.

Coops APA 1.7kg
Coops Malt Extract 1.5kg
Crystal grains 250g boiled in 1 lt water for 20mins
Cascade hops 25g steeped for 10 mins.
Safale US05

18c for 14days

Any of the stout kits with some fuggles or east Kent goldings or willamette hops. They are nice and hard to screw up.

timmi9191 said:
Coopers ipa. Do recipe as per the kit. Dry hop 80g moetuka flowers. Mmmmm....
Just bottled Coopers Hop Slam IPA as per Coops website, 50g of Moetuka pellets.Can't wait to try. :super:

Hey Marcus
My three favourite kits were all Coopers; IPA, APA and EB.
The simplest and one of the best kit brews I did was my Stella IPA:
23litres
Coopers IPA can
LDM 750g
Dex 150g
Crystal 120 400g (steeped at 65oC for 30 minutes)
Boil volume 6 litres at 1.040SG
Ella hop pellets 10g boiled for 7 mins 15g for 3 mins
Ella hop 25g dry hop at day 5
12g S04
FV time 14 days

Two cans Coopers Sparkling Ale
250 gms medium crystal (steeped in 3 litres of 70' water, boiled for 30 minutes, add hops last 15 minutes.)
250 dextrose
30 gms Styrian Goldings for 15 minutes.

Both kit yeasts or US05.

jyo said:
Two cans Coopers Sparkling Ale
250 gms medium crystal (steeped in 3 litres of 70' water, boiled for 30 minutes, add hops last 15 minutes.)
250 dextrose
30 gms Styrian Goldings for 15 minutes.

Both kit yeasts or US05.
Ahh Armadale Cloudy Ale, noice !

Wals brand pale ale is pretty nice straight out of the can with a kilo of LDME and US05. Of course adding more hops (cascade or galaxy or something) is always going to improve it!

This is called Niels Centennialo , and everyone that has made it raves about , i know its not a Kit as such but extract is the next step :lol:

2 x 1.5kg Coopers LME tins (pale)
500g Dextrose
20g Centennial @ 30 min
40g Amarillo @ 20 min
40g Amarillo @ 10 min

Total 31 IBU

OG 1058

Pitch Nottingham (would probably work well with US-05 too) and keep the temps under 20 degrees.

FG 1013

Dave's Stovetop Amber Kit literally changed my life. Not the best beer I've made to date, but the best kit beer I've made still.

Thank you very much for all these amazing recipes !!

As I said I would like to ferment around 15-16C that is the natural temperature at this time of the year in my "fermenting room" so I need to study carefully which of the recipes is the most appropriate.

Cheers !!

Latest posts

Back