DIY Dog recipes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most probably remember when Brew Dog generously released a lengthy PDF with over 200 pages of recipes.
Some may be a little light on detail, but all the parts seem to be there. I'm wondering if anybodys been brewing these and how they stack against the originals?

I had a crack at one of their Punk IPA recipes. It seemed to scale pretty well using the BIABacus (my recipe/records spreadsheet of choice).

Unfortunately I chose their 2007-2010 recipe rather than the current version, which meant I couldn't do a proper side-by-side tasting. That didn't stop me from trying though...

FWIW, it was a pretty nice beer and I suspect the recipe is pretty close. I've assumed the majority of differences were due the different version and (more likely) my brewing skills.

full

I brewed their Red Rye IPA "Interstellar" recently. Drinking it now and loving it.

EDIT: But never tried the original so no comparison.

Some mates have the Tokyo fermenting now. Fell short on the numbers, as it was a 43 litres. We still need another 6 month before sampling.

I've brewed their 60 minute IPA (several times) and once attempted the 90 minute IPA. Undershot the gravity, ended up around 8%ABV (instead of 9) but was still a great IIPA.

Most probably remember when Brew Dog generously released a lengthy PDF with over 200 pages of recipes.
Some may be a little light on detail, but all the parts seem to be there. I'm wondering if anybodys been brewing these and how they stack against the originals?

https://6303ffd34a16b1ca5276-a9447b7dfa4ae38e337b359963d557c4.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/DIY DOG.pdf
Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to download the new version for awhile now. Now to do some comparisons!

I've brewed their 60 minute IPA (several times) and once attempted the 90 minute IPA. Undershot the gravity, ended up around 8%ABV (instead of 9) but was still a great IIPA.
which one is the 60/90minute IPA?

Just looking at some of their beers and keen to try brew a few, however what would be the best malt to use for their "Dark Crystal 350-400"

I found Special B Malt 310 EBC, but that's not really dark enough.

I've brewed Jet Black Heart numerous times, very nice.
Doodlebug pale ale, 2.8% abv and hopped to blazers. great session beer.
Dead Pony Club, mines about 3.8%, very nice Pale Ale indeed.
These guys certainly have some whacky ideas for recipes, they don't mind the hops either.

Latest posts

Back