DIY Dog - recipes for every brewdog beer ever made

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bridges said:
Holy CRAP. Thats awesome! EFFing awesome.
Yeah! It's amazingly generous, I think is the word, of them to offer that up! Has the recipe for Sink The Bismarck. I may have a go at making that albeit not freezing the water out of it, just the base beer.

What's your thoughts on the timings guys?

60/15/ whirlpool? Maybe 15 minute whirlpool?

Hi Spaced,
It's a good question. I suspect that the Brewer varies those depending on the beer. But would expect the times to be in that ball park.

The Brewer's notes answer some of that, e.g. Punk IPA, 2007 - 2010

While it may surprise you, this version of
Punk IPA isn't dry hopped but still packs
a punch! To make the best of the aroma
hops make sure they are fully submerged
and add them just before knock out for an
intense hop hit.

I was planning to run a couple of the recipes through BrewBuilder and see how the recipe equates in the overall bittering numbers for a start.

I love how the recipes are in a size of the home brewer and have the SI units, imperial as well. I like the colours chart that shows the SRM and EBC on the same chart.

Some really interesting stuff in that.

Hi,
Just seen that brew dog brewery from Scotland have posted a pdf containing all of their recipes (over 200!). Haven't sampled any of their beers myself but thought it was too good a resource not to download it.
If I get time at work I'll try to add a link, more probably when I get home if I'm not waylaid by the pub first that is.

Thanks for adding the link mate, got a trip to the UK planned for later this year so I'll have to pick out a few to sample.

Amazingly bold move! Suppose any buy-out offers would be off the table for a couple of years at least with this (not that they'd probably be interested)

Surprised to see how many of their beers are 100% pale malt...

200g of dry hopping for single batch appears a few times amongst recipes. I've always found when I've gone over 100g I'm continually fighting the inevitable grassyness - they've expanded on this a little in their tips 'Condition just long enough to let the powerful grassy aroma cut back - and drink.'..

I wonder if any other big craft breweries are going to follow up on this and do something similar? I'd be surprised if not. I'm going to line a few up to start brewing over the next few months.

I'm surprised that they seem to be single step mash's, only the last few have a few steps. They have a 0.5% beer in there. Bloody brilliant document.
Edit: I was expecting a mash out and maybe a stop at 72 for a little extra head considering they use just pale Ale malt in some of their recipes.

Cool.

welly2 said:
I wonder if any other big craft breweries are going to follow up on this and do something similar? I'd be surprised if not. I'm going to line a few up to start brewing over the next few months.
I'd swap all these for a Moo Brew pale ale clone..

Latest posts

Back