Disposable Co2 Cylinders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cracka,
The bottle in the link is 20% co2 and 80% argon.

The only time you would put that in a tank would be purging out the air to weld it TIG or MIG...
Even if they are 100% co2 they are more expensive than the soda stream set up's as you have to get the reg to suit that screw on bottle.

Here is a pic of my party set up using a soda stream bottle, a brass connector from a member here a few years ago and a harris reg.
Just over 100 $ at the time and if you sugar carb the beer (prime) you are only using the gas to serve.
A few here don't even use a reg just a busted up old soda stream machine and just burb the gas in.

gallery_1194_208_12806.jpg

Hope it helps.

- Luke

Cracka,
The bottle in the link is 20% co2 and 80% argon.

The only time you would put that in a tank would be purging out the air to weld it TIG or MIG...
Even if they are 100% co2 they are more expensive than the soda stream set up's as you have to get the reg to suit that screw on bottle.

Here is a pic of my party set up using a soda stream bottle, a brass connector from a member here a few years ago and a harris reg.
Just over 100 $ at the time and if you sugar carb the beer (prime) you are only using the gas to serve.
A few here don't even use a reg just a busted up old soda stream machine and just burb the gas in.

gallery_1194_208_12806.jpg

Hope it helps.

- Luke

wrong link first posted.
Here is a pick of my party set up already.

PH_004.jpg

But if you only have old cylinders like mine, your up for purchase of new cylinders. I realise that you need a different
stem but in my line of work thats not a problem. How much is it to refill the soda stream cylinders now? I also get a
special discound (VIP) from my local Mitre 10. I help the lady down there with her HB stocking and ordering, but thats
another story :D

As long as it all co2 and you can make an adapter then that's the best one for you.

Let us know how you go.

- Luke

How much is it to refill the soda stream cylinders now?

Big W charge $11.65...we just filled 6.

The other thing you may want to consider is that if it's welding gear, it probably isn't filled with food grade CO2. Though in some circles...that doesn't matter.

The other thing you may want to consider is that if it's welding gear, it probably isn't filled with food grade CO2. Though in some circles...that doesn't matter.

Nope !

ist2_860026_be_quiet.jpg

Never again

Batz

Big W charge $11.65...we just filled 6.

Go on. ------ It has to be food grade, right Batz??????

drunk-irish-048.gif

Now look what you've started :eek:

Back