Dimensions for sodastream bottle, reg and connectors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waggastew

Reaction score
I am looking to get a esky based portable keg setup. I want order the esky soon but need the approximate dimensions (particularly length) of a sodastream bottle hooked up to an average size reg. Obviously there will be slights diffs between regs but approximate should be fine. The plan is to mount the gas inside making the whole thing alot neater.

Cheers in advance

Stew

I have it all right here...

400g sodastream bottle with adapter = 390mm
micromatic regulator = 210mm.
19L corny w/DC = 640mm

So it would be just under. If you're going 9L it would be better to strap it to the side.

Your a legend, thanks for the measurements.

The setup is actually going to be 2 x 9.5L kegs side by side so reg/bottle will be horizontal. ID for width is 57cm so wont fit if exatly horizontal. May squeeze in if on an angle with bottle at the bottom. Time for some maths.

Cheers again

Might even look at Harris reg which looks a little more compact with a shorter connection arm to CO2?

would mounting it horizontally not cause issues with liquid CO2 getting into the reg and destroying it?

They look much smaller DU99. The internal height of the Esky is only 43cm so even with a mini reg it would not fit upright.

Quick look elsewhere suggests that upright is ideal, angle is risky, horizontal will kill the reg as suggested NB

By 'would have been' I assume you mean they don't sell them anymore?

One way valve only lets gas through?

Sorry for my ignorance around this topic

Any thoughts on elbow tube pointing upwards from a horizontal sodastream bottle taking the reg above height of bottle?

Latest posts

Back