Digital Thermostats

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I say again, the reason you've not figured it out so far is not because the information you seek is not there, but because you lack the ability or experience to understand it. There's nothing wrong with that - I lack the ability and experience to grasp open heart bypass surgery, golf course design and maintenance and hairdressing, for example. I don't attempt them - without that experience I could easily kill myself or someone I care about attempting any one of them. I leave them to the people who know how to do them. When I said refer to my sig, I wasn't telling whoever it was that the instructions were there, somehow encoded in the text or hidden as a super compressed image in the full stop at the end. I was telling them to put the bloody pliers down and call an electrician. You also need to put the bloody pliers down and call an electrician, or a TV repair shop, or a mate who's stripped a wire or three in his time. You can not do this job.

A little guidance was all I was after
"A little guidance" is exactly what we're hoping to avoid giving you. "A little guidance" will give you just enough information to think you can have a crack at it, but not enough for you to do it properly. "A little guidance" will get you killed. For you, it'll have to be either a LOT of guidance, as in stand next to you and do most of it for you, or none at all. I'm going with none at all. I'm not saying this to be an arse, I'm not saying it because I don't want to be helpful to a newcomer, I'm not saying it because I think you're an idiot, or incapable, or otherwise useless. I'm saying it because, whether you realise it or not, you've demonstrated with undeniable clarity that you do not have the skills to do this. I'm sure you've been told that 240V is dangerous, and I'm sure you think you'll be careful. You haven't even begun to consider the ways in which you need to be careful. Do I need to lay it out any more clearly for you?

Thanks Rendo much appreciated.

Interesting what you say about the heart bypass surgery LC as I could probably help you with that. Tell you what, when the time comes I'll trade you a bypass for a fully functional beerfridge then nobody dies!! Sounds like a fair trade eh?

Fine by me, if I ever need a heart bypass, and you're fully qualified to perform it, I'd be happy to wire your beerfridge, TV, computer and anything else that needs hooking up. In the meantime, you stick to the ELVAD wires and I'll handle the copper.

Fine by me, if I ever need a heart bypass, and you're fully qualified to perform it, I'd be happy to wire your beerfridge, TV, computer and anything else that needs hooking up. In the meantime, you stick to the ELVAD wires and I'll handle the copper.

Will do. Cheers.

Thanks Rendo much appreciated.

Interesting what you say about the heart bypass surgery LC as I could probably help you with that. Tell you what, when the time comes I'll trade you a bypass for a fully functional beerfridge then nobody dies!! Sounds like a fair trade eh?

Do you know anyone in orthopaedics who would do a posterior spinal fusion in exchange for a couple cartons of home brew? I've got a passable APA and BPA at the moment.

Here you go LC.

thanks for posting this been looking for some instructions for a couple of weeks now, just got a massive fridge off my mate for free, im ready to brew some beer! :icon_cheers:

+1

I have had mine running solid for a month now, hasnt missed a beat, temp is great, I have a good fridge too which helps (4 yrs old, good seals etc)

ebay temp controller = happiness....

I am sure the ones from our sponsors are a little more reputable and you have the support of a local retailer who will genuinely care if you have a problem, with the ebay one....well ur on ur own :D

Husky,

Try this http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...st&id=35442

It's on page 4 of this thread.

So far this temp controller has been great. Has been keeping a pretty accurate temp for me

I am looking to buy one of these to control my mash temperature on my electric urn. (I already have a tempmate for my fermentation fridge)

So I need the probe to go through the lid of the urn and then be immersed in the wort. Can anyone tell me if the Temperature Controller Stainless Steel Probe from Craftbrewer would be compatible with this unit?

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=955

Also, at $32 for the probe + $34.80 for the ebay unit, would I better off buying a temperature controller with probe for an additional $22?

My ebay thermostat arrived. Took it to a local sparky who is quoted $200 + GST including materials. Seems a bit steep when folk here are able to put it together in an hour with 20-$30 materials.

M

My ebay thermostat arrived. Took it to a local sparky who is quoted $200 + GST including materials. Seems a bit steep when folk here are able to put it together in an hour with 20-$30 materials.

M

Thats abit much but considering its labour thats always the costy part, im not suprised.

sounds like you need a friend in the trade. ;)

Sounds like I do. Maybe someone who would like some of my fresh honey straight from the hive for some mead-making. Will be harvesting again next week!!

Thats abit much but considering its labour thats always the costy part, im not suprised.

Kinda. But that $20 - $30 dollars voids you're insurance policy. For $200 you get a new $200k house if there's an electrical fire.

Sounds like I do. Maybe someone who would like some of my fresh honey straight from the hive for some mead-making. Will be harvesting again next week!!

Where are you located? If you're in Perth, while I'm not an electrician I'd be happy to wire it for you and get my mate (who is an electrician) to check it over.

:icon_offtopic: Can you make a video of you harvesting the honey then the process/steps in making it? That would be an epic thread to post. I know there's been rising interest in mead on the forums myself included.

I called my insurance firm to confirm this when i got a mate to rig mine up.. Said it was fine it wont void my house insurance..
Although I think I paid more for some extras..

Kinda. But that $20 - $30 dollars voids you're insurance policy. For $200 you get a new $200k house if there's an electrical fire.

pete if you want to wach and get some honey straight from the hive let me know

are you near sydney?

Back