Diffrence Between Coopers Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefman

Reaction score
I was at my HBS and the guy was telling me the White Coopers Kits use an old manufacturing method and stayed the same since the mid 70's. The Master series (black cans) are manufactured with new technolgy.

Does anyone know what are the diffrences in these kits apart from being $3- $5 Dollars more ?

All the wort for the homebrew (and commercial beers) are made in the same brewhouse all the cans and kits are processed on the same equipment.

The difference is the recipe of the extract (different malts, etc), hop oil additions (for bittering and flavouring) and the yeast.

Coopers cans didn't start until the 80s. Prior to that Coopers home brew came in a cube or a bag in a box and they were just brewery wort and were magnificent. Then the logistics of shipping water around the continent proved uneconomical so they invested in a vacuum concentration plant and the rest is history. They have a step by step presentation on their website about how everything at Coopers is produced.

Yo,

One thing I've noticed is that the early Coopers cans stated on the label "Made from the finest 2 row barley.....etc etc".

Those then became the "Original" series and the mention of 2 row barley has been dropped from the label of these cans.

Why, I canna say, but I assume they no longer use the better 2 row barley in those kits.

:rolleyes:

cheers
Dave

Yo,

One thing I've noticed is that the early Coopers cans stated on the label "Made from the finest 2 row barley.....etc etc".

Those then became the "Original" series and the mention of 2 row barley has been dropped from the label of these cans.

Why, I canna say, but I assume they no longer use the better 2 row barley in those kits.

:rolleyes:

cheers
Dave

I think you'll find that only 2 row barley is used. Six row barley is mostly used in the US, it yields less sugars in malting than 2 row.

Latest posts

Back