Dark ale stuff up....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GNU

Reaction score
So in my first attempt at a choc vanilla porter and all extract that I purchased a while ago.

Anyways, I forgot to add the caramalt when steeping my chocolate malt. So the brew went into the fermenter today. Can I steep the caramalt, bring to the boil and then add it to the fermenter tomorrow?

GNU said:
So in my first attempt at a choc vanilla porter and all extract that I purchased a while ago.

Anyways, I forgot to add the caramalt when steeping my chocolate malt. So the brew went into the fermenter today. Can I steep the caramalt, bring to the boil and then add it to the fermenter tomorrow?
Yep, that won't be a problem at all. Just make sure you steep correctly (65-70 for 30ish mins), boil for a good 15 & ensure it's chilled to as close as possible to your wort temp.
How much caramalt are you steeping? Normally ideal ratio is 3-1 (water to grain)
Another thing to keep in mind, if you add a further litre of wort it will slightly affect your ABV, IBU etc. if that's a problem you could also add some DME

Latest posts

Back