Cynical

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicko

Boston Bay Brewery
Reaction score
I have noticed while I was typing MY REPLY this post was removed and as such I feel strongly enough about what the OP was trying to get across that I would like the post resurrected.
I agree that this was posted in the incorrect sub forum but I feel it was the OP's attempt to attract attention.
If the mods have any care for a man in this guys' situation then at least please put it back in "The Pub" or at least post a link from the original sub forum to "off topic"
I really think that this forum deserves an informative discussion on this subject.

I am going to enter my reply in this forum "The Pub" as a new topic as I can't retrieve all the posts from the original post.

My reply to the original post

Maybe, just maybe, this may be a call for help from a man that is so desparate in the family law court situation.
It may be Darren, hell I don't know and then again, how many other men are in this same situation with every sitting or session of the family law court.

The only crime that this guy has committed on this forum that he has posted this in the incorrect section of the forum.
Have any of you thought for one minute that this may be this guys' attempt to warn other members as to what could or may happen to them in the same situation within the system of the family law court and to gain some attention

I have not read all of the links within this thread so I will not comment on them, however, at times judgements made in the family law court in this country appear to be favouring the female spouse, hence this OP's post.

He may be bitter against the system and he may have observed that new laws encouraged by what some may call " fly by night" politicians, be important, should any of these new regulations be enforced on him and his right to be with his children or for any of you out there in AHB Land in a similar situation.

So be it Darren or be it Joe Blogs think about what he is trying to tell you guys and just remember, this situation may happen to anyone, and with the current rate of 50% divorce YOU could be the next in line for a fair judgement in the family court.

If moderators could move this topic to where they feel it belongs then great!!

Cheers and without prejudice to any member,

I have noticed while I was typing MY REPLY this post was removed and as such I feel strongly enough about what the OP was trying to get across that I would like the post resurrected.
I agree that this was posted in the incorrect sub forum but I feel it was the OP's attempt to attract attention.
If the mods have any care for a man in this guys' situation then at least please put it back in "The Pub" or at least post a link from the original sub forum to "off topic"
I really think that this forum deserves an informative discussion on this subject.

I am going to enter my reply in this forum "The Pub" as a new topic as I can't retrieve all the posts from the original post.

My reply to the original post

Maybe, just maybe, this may be a call for help from a man that is so desparate in the family law court situation.
It may be Darren, hell I don't know and then again, how many other men are in this same situation with every sitting or session of the family law court.

The only crime that this guy has committed on this forum that he has posted this in the incorrect section of the forum.
Have any of you thought for one minute that this may be this guys' attempt to warn other members as to what could or may happen to them in the same situation within the system of the family law court and to gain some attention

I have not read all of the links within this thread so I will not comment on them, however, at times judgements made in the family law court in this country appear to be favouring the female spouse, hence this OP's post.

He may be bitter against the system and he may have observed that new laws encouraged by what some may call " fly by night" politicians, be important, should any of these new regulations be enforced on him and his right to be with his children or for any of you out there in AHB Land in a similar situation.

So be it Darren or be it Joe Blogs think about what he is trying to tell you guys and just remember, this situation may happen to anyone, and with the current rate of 50% divorce YOU could be the next in line for a fair judgement in the family court.

If moderators could move this topic to where they feel it belongs then great!!

Cheers and without prejudice to any member,

Is this something to do with the anti-female stuff put up in another AHB forum under the guise of a complaint about legislation making it more difficult for men to place their family at risk of violence?

Picked it like a broken nose

I have just gone through the whole family court thing. Lucky it is settled, but not without a lot of bullshit

What cynical ( or even if it is darren ) has pointed out is a great worry to me..

To think that I could have been stopped from seeing my kids just becaus the ex decided not to let me..

She even threw the threat of moving away...... which is way unfair

Those of you who are not in this situation should SHUT THE **** UP

Is this something to do with the anti-female stuff put up in another AHB forum under the guise of a complaint about legislation making it more difficult for men to place their family at risk of violence?

I have no knowledge of that post, however If this is a call for help from this guy then it should not be ignored.
These posts may be a call from this member for help and quite often these calls can be in the form of criticism of the system in which we have to operate.
If his posts are not genuine then we may find that he is only shit stirring and then we will all get a MOD to delete but to delete his post just because it is in the wrong section or we believe that the post is from a member from which we don't like is absurd.
If just one of us can help then that would be good if all is genuine.
As I said the divorce rate is currently 50% and it is frightening to see the statistics that one of the parents may end up with most of the access to the children when that same parent may have been the instigator of the divorce proceedings.
I understand that are nearly always three sides to the story, HIS, HERS and THE TRUTH but when it goes against the one who is actually telling the truth then it may become quite a problem to understand and to deal with.
Unfortunately this final decision may be made by a family law court law judge who is a stickler for the rules and not see the situation as it really is.
I agree that whoever posted this, posted it in the wrong section but just stop and have a think about it. Maybe put yourselves in this situation down the track and think about what you may say - OR DO - if you were in the situation whereby an independent adjudicator took your children from you when you believed you may be in the right.
Just let this thread take it's course without prior predjudices (and we dont know that it is really Darren anyway) but if it is genuine it will all come to light in the end.

Cheers

Like someone else pointed out, if this guy had been around for a while and a valuable contributor to this forum, then sure, he might be able to spew some political dogma and maybe get a pass or some sympathy.

A personal story or plight, and people here would be sympathetic (hey Stu, sux what happened with you, but I know you seem to be going well now mate).

But a big ugly rhetoric filled chain letter which didn't even state the issue? Good riddance.

We don't all come here to hear political plights and rants. We come here for the brewing and our mates.

Imagine if a whole heap of new people showed up, had not much interesting in beer or brewing, not much interest in the mateship we have here, and just wanted to spread their favourite political cause propaganda?

There are plenty of other avenues to have his voice heard. Go use those. He has no "right" or special need to do it here. Go get a blogger account and rant to your hearts content - published on the web for free.

I think the mods have a good case for getting rid of that post. This isn't the "Aussie Fathers" or "Aussie Political Cause" or "Aussie Chain Letter" forums.

If you care about an issue, post a story about your experiences and put a human element to it. As we saw, a rhetoric filled partisan rant about how the pollies and the system is against a non-minority won't draw much sympathy (haha, poor downtrodden, majority white-males, cmon).

Like someone else pointed out, if this guy had been around for a while and a valuable contributor to this forum, then sure, he might be able to spew some political dogma and maybe get a pass or some sympathy.

A personal story or plight, and people here would be sympathetic (hey Stu, sux what happened with you, but I know you seem to be going well now mate).

But a big ugly rhetoric filled chain letter which didn't even state the issue? Good riddance.

We don't all come here to hear political plights and rants. We come here for the brewing and our mates.

Imagine if a whole heap of new people showed up, had not much interesting in beer or brewing, not much interest in the mateship we have here, and just wanted to spread their favourite political cause propaganda?

There are plenty of other avenues to have his voice heard. Go use those. He has no "right" or special need to do it here. Go get a blogger account and rant to your hearts content - published on the web for free.

I think the mods have a good case for getting rid of that post. This isn't the "Aussie Fathers" or "Aussie Political Cause" or "Aussie Chain Letter" forums.

If you care about an issue, post a story about your experiences and put a human element to it. As we saw, a rhetoric filled partisan rant about how the pollies and the system is against a non-minority won't draw much sympathy (haha, poor downtrodden, majority white-males, cmon).

So because he's not an AHB superstar, **** him, let him miss out on seeing his own kids?

+1 This.

I would personally have had no issue if the post was in a section of the site that were relevant ie: 'The Pub' or Similar. It was in 'All Grain'... I think it was BConnery that mentioned in the deleted thread, that it's not the first time cynical has done so, and he deliberately posted in that section so that his post would appear in the 'All Latest Threads' area at the top of the page.

So because he's not an AHB superstar, **** him, let him miss out on seeing his own kids?

Did you read what I said?

If you show up and post a rhetorical politically charged form letter, that does even detail the issue, trying to drum up some outrage, then expect it to be deleted.
If you post a personal story or personal plea on a forum where you have made the effort to make friends, expect some sympathy.

From the ahb rules...
2. You are required to have a single forum account per user. If your account is banned, you as an individual are banned. Multiple accounts believed to be "false" accounts for another individual will be banned.

So if this is Darren, and make no mistake I firmly believe it is, then the mods would be well within the rights to delete this account as well, especially considering this is isn't Darren's first new account (if it is Darren)...

Regardless of how you feel about the content or situation of the user the thread firmly belongs in off topic to me because it isn't the least bit brewing related, despite his tenuous attempts to make it so...

mods would be able to tell by his IP address.

He could be operating from an internet kiosk at Parafield Gardens for all they know. The guy was spouting forth on the same issues as the old Darren, such as family law, botulism dangers of no chilling etc. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .....

He could be operating from an internet kiosk at Parafield Gardens for all they know. The guy was spouting forth on the same issues as the old Darren, such as family law, botulism dangers of no chilling etc. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .....

Unless it's Butters doing a pretty good stitch-up job.

He could be operating from an internet kiosk at Parafield Gardens for all they know.
Could not be. Such a venue would have been burnt down, smashed to bits or stolen. :ph34r:

The guy was spouting forth on the same issues as the old Darren, such as family law, botulism dangers of no chilling etc. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .....
But YOU are Darren http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...40&start=40 either that or you are a duck. :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back