Cruelty Free West Expo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and just like religion
I kept thinking about my response above after posting and the word 'belief' was popping up in my mind a bit so it seems you're looking at it in somewhat the same way I am. It's not about whether we have proof of the harm we're doing (or doing nothing until proof is presented) - it's about what we believe we are doing and what we believe is acceptable. Others will disagree with our decisions but I'm sure we can all do our thing and not piss anyone else off with it.

Although I have never understood why so many meat-eaters (whose number I am among) take it so personally when others choose not to eat meat/use animal products. Some of us get way more vocal about it than even the most militant vegan I've ever met.

I kept thinking about my response above after posting and the word 'belief' was popping up in my mind a bit so it seems you're looking at it in somewhat the same way I am. It's not about whether we have proof of the harm we're doing (or doing nothing until proof is presented) - it's about what we believe we are doing and what we believe is acceptable. Others will disagree with our decisions but I'm sure we can all do our thing and not piss anyone else off with it.

Although I have never understood why so many meat-eaters (whose number I am among) take it so personally when others choose not to eat meat/use animal products. Some of us get way more vocal about it than even the most militant vegan I've ever met.
I totally agree with you there bum. People seem to take violent exception to anyone that does anything differently to them. My philosophy is that what anyone does doesn't directly affect anyone else negatively, why should I care?

I don't care what religion anyone follows, or whether they follow one at all. I don't care what sexual orientation anyone is. I don't care whether one chooses to be vegan, vegetarian or a meat eater. I don't care if someone else loves VB or Tooheys Red. Those are their preferences and they don't affect me. If only everyone would have that philosophy, there'd be a lot less conflict in the world.

I don't care if someone else loves VB or Tooheys Red. Those are their preferences and they don't affect me. If only everyone would have that philosophy, there'd be a lot less conflict in the world.

I disagree. We need a megaswill intifada. Most effective strategy would be to strap hops to ourselves and jump into their fermenters. Viva la Fermentation!

I quite often tip boiling water into my fermenter following a botteling session.. :blink:

is that cruelty to my yeast? At the very least it's not very nice reward after the good job they've done for me..

So I guess no beer is cruelty free unless there is an old age home for yeast somewhere? :rolleyes:

Not a take at the OP or Pennywise, each to their own and good on him for supporting the missus, let us know how the thing gets on..

photo's OIDH

:icon_cheers:

Yeast is a single cell organism - it would be wrong to suggest it feels pain or mental distress.

Anyway, I've got vegan mates who are reticent to try craft beers when they can't find out how/if they've been fined and it is a good thing that someone is trying to get a bit of awareness about the issue so everyone can get some good beer into them - regardless of what they eat/their couch is made of. Good luck with it, Pennywise's SWMBO.

Lack of any known system that indicates an ability to sense what we define as pain (eg nervous system).

I'd say there's a fair bit of evidence.

So I guess no beer is cruelty free unless there is an old age home for yeast somewhere? :rolleyes:

Isn't that what Vegemite is? Is Kraft like 1 big giant abbatoir?

That's it no more on my toast until it gets the tick of approval they are killed humanely!

That's it no more on my toast until it gets the tick of approval they are killed humanely!

They died surrounded by beer (well megaswill) - how much more humane could it be?

Umm.. you do know how bread is made, right?

Latest posts

Back