Crown Urn Tap Removal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wadey

Reaction score
Hi All

Just picked up my Crown Urn and moving into the world of Biab. Just wondering if I could get some advice on how to remove the the urn tap, I have a ball valve tap ready to go but I'll be buggered if I can release the nut on in the inside of the urn.

Should I boil a few litres to see if that helps?

I just used a shifting spanner, and a bit of grunt

Old thread, same topic..

I'm trying to replace my crown urn tap with a shifting spanner and it is starting to bend the actual nut.. any suggestions?

Being a bit of a spanner myself when it comes to tools any suggestions would be appreciated. :unsure:

Wilkens

Wadey said:
Hi All

Just picked up my Crown Urn and moving into the world of Biab. Just wondering if I could get some advice on how to remove the the urn tap, I have a ball valve tap ready to go but I'll be buggered if I can release the nut on in the inside of the urn.

Should I boil a few litres to see if that helps?
Yep, Boil a few litres and then give it a go. Worked for me.

For anyone that looks at this later on, this was the easy fix.

From the grain and grape website actually: Tip - remove it with a spanner on the tap on the outside of the urn. Trying to undo the nut on the inside doesnt work nearly as well.

I did it while the urn was upside down and just slowly put my weight on the spanner.

Success :D

Latest posts

Back