Cross Infection From Keg To Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
howdy guys, i am wondering if you had a keg that had an infection in it, and it was coupled up via a t piece for the co2, can that keg spread the infection over to the next keg, i am thinking it probably couldnt because the pressure line would always have a positive pressure into the infected keg so in theory it should not be able to climb out of the keg.
cheers
fergi

Old question and all, but i've been pondering this myself tonight due to a strange taste in last two kegs.

Could an infection spread between two kegs hooked up via splitter in keg fridge. Lets assume that at some stage the pressure might equalise between kegs i.e. your gas bottle runs out and the connected kegs sort of swap gas around as you keep drawing beers from the taps.

I asked the question a few years ago about whether anyone had ever put a good beer into a keg, chucked it in the fridge and had it get infected in the fridge. From memory i dont think anyone (who replied) had. I think the low temps would inhibit this kind of thing.

Back