Craftbrewer Kegerators: Real World Experiences Wanted.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie bought the fridges from us as well, but like with everyone, we matched everything to his requirements.
Anyone who wants proffessional advice on buying fridges & components & getting it right the first time, please feel free to give us a call.
No crap, no bullshit, & feel free to buy your set up from wherever or whoever you choose, just be armed with the facts first....

I spend so many hours putting peoples systems right it's not funny....

cheers Ross

Bribie bought the fridges from us as well, but like with everyone, we matched everything to his requirements.
Anyone who wants proffessional advice on buying fridges & components & getting it right the first time, please feel free to give us a call.
No crap, no bullshit, & feel free to buy your set up from wherever or whoever you choose, just be armed with the facts first....

I spend so many hours putting peoples systems right it's not funny....

cheers Ross

And with my Christmas bonus this year I might be hitting you guys up in the new year ;)

Got 3 keggerators with 3 fonts & perlicks 525's. I have 3 way manifolds installed inside each..

Cheers

Paul

Can you show a photo of where you have the manifold installed?

I'm trying to get my head around where you could screw it in.

Can you show a photo of where you have the manifold installed?

I'm trying to get my head around where you could screw it in.

Not at home ATM howver from the front it's on the inside wall on the RHS mounted vertically.

Cheers

Paul

Just put some screws in the wall to hold it on?

And does a gas bottle + reg + manifold fit in the fridge with 3 kegs?

Cheers

Apparently their latest Kegmaster IIIs have upgraded taps. IE not your standard spring back taps that are common apparently.

I bought the Keg King Series 3 before I even knew this forum, or craftbrewer, existed and have since sold it.

The series 3 I bought definitely had spring loaded taps. Also if you plan to have 3 kegs on gas then you will need another line splitter and it doesn't come with one way valves or obviously any disconnects.

Even though I didn't have a problem with the one I had, I know a few people now who did. If I were to get another, I would go to Ross.

Just put some screws in the wall to hold it on?

And does a gas bottle + reg + manifold fit in the fridge with 3 kegs?

Cheers

By using a manifold there's no need to have a reg & bottle in the fridge. One gas line into the fridge.

A small gas bottle will fit on the compressor hump and still allow 3 kegs. I use the big bottle which lives outside the fridge, also a nitro bottle. The gas-line hole in the back of the fridge is big enough to squeeze 2 lines through. The kegerator from Ross also comes with a selection of shelving and a bracket to hold a small bottle which you can fit onto the back of the fridge, handy if you are positioning it in a corner for example.

kegmate_compressor_hump.jpg

Check out Pinnacle Wholesalers site, I have 2 of their twin tap kegerators and have had no problems at all with them. They come in single or twin taps, good quality variable flow and with pressure guages and CUB type keg coupler. The twin tap models cost $550. http://www.pinnaclewholesalers.com.au/prod.../BEER_KEGERATOR

Yeah i have the twin tap from pinnacles and haven't really had a problem.
I think it's been nearly 2 years, and the taps aren't too bad (although i'm getting flow control perlicks off santa)
The fridge itself is a great starting point and just like anything related to homebrewing, there are always things you can / will upgrade

So I ended up placing a rather large order with Ross. Very happy with the product, and extremely happy with the service, although I'm sure I don't need to spruik Craftbrewer on this forum! Also want to plug Speedgas at Manly Vale for being helpful, reasonably priced and a 2 minute drive from home!

Just waiting for the ferment to finish before I can keg!

I bought my Keg King kegerator about 12 months ago, dual tap. I chilled a couple of kegs, connected them up and then noticed beer dripping down into the fridge from somewhere in the font.
Both beer lines were split where they connect to the taps, inside the font. Emailed K.K, they instructed me how to go about fixing it. A real PITA.

Another time, I bought 2 new, blingy 19 litre kegs off Keg King, very happy, so I ordered 2 more new kegs, I received 2 old dented up cornys with sticky syrup inside, shot seals, missing dip tube and old style PRV's plus they were closed for a month during holidays, so I couldn't contact them.
NOT HAPPY.

Buyer Beware.

Latest posts

Back