CraftBeerPI Brew Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Manuel,

I'm going to give this a crack with my raspberry pi. I found your build instructions following your website's links and it calls for a SS relay. The one you have is 20A. On ebay you can get pretty affordable FOTEK ones that are 20A and 40A. Does it matter which one?

Cheers,

Mat

Hi Mat,

the GPIO of the RPi creates a 3.3 V control signal. Make sure that the SSR you like to use supports a 3V control signal.
My SSR requires a control signal between 3 - 32 VDC.

Regards,
Manuel

Thanks Manuel,

This unit looks exactly the same as yours, but is just a different brand. It also supports 3 - 32VDC.

So I'm guessing the 20A & 40A versions will both be suitable?

Cheers
Mat

Mat B said:
Thanks Manuel,

This unit looks exactly the same as yours, but is just a different brand. It also supports 3 - 32VDC.

So I'm guessing the 20A & 40A versions will both be suitable?

Cheers
Mat
The should both work fine
However keep in mind there are lots of counterfeit Fotek SSRs on ebay, I wouldn't trust any of them controlling over 10A
I'll be buying Inkbird ones for bigger loads

Ok, I've been trying for ages and I'm pretty confident that I'm following the install instructions correctly. Each time I clone from github using the command line program on Raspbian, it clones then asks me for a username and password, which I can't find anywhere online.

Anyone had this issue?

Have never really dabbled with the R Pi so apologies if this is a stupid question. How many I/o ports are there and does craftbeerpi recognise io expansions if they are available. Would be interested in controlling up to 20 valves, pumps and elements

sittingaround said:
Na never had that issue. Are you using the clone line of : git clone https://github.com/manuel83/craftbeerpi
Yep. On one page he says to use a line ending with craftbeerpi.git and on another he says to use a line just ending with craftbeerpi
I've tried both, and both resulted in the cloning happening (just like on the instruction video) but they both then result in a line prompting for username, then another for password.

sound like it may be asking you or your pi admin login details.
default are username = raspberry password = pi
give that a try

Moad said:
Have never really dabbled with the R Pi so apologies if this is a stupid question. How many I/o ports are there and does craftbeerpi recognise io expansions if they are available. Would be interested in controlling up to 20 valves, pumps and elements
it may do. dont really know to be honest.

sittingaround said:
sound like it may be asking you or your pi admin login details.
default are username = raspberry password = pi
give that a try
Just tried your suggestion. No go.

It says to enter username for 'github.com' and password for '[email protected]'

I might email Manuel.

Mat B said:
Just tried your suggestion. No go.

It says to enter username for 'github.com' and password for '[email protected]'

I might email Manuel.
yeah thats really od. i only did a fresh install the other day and had no issues.

sittingaround said:
yeah thats really od. i only did a fresh install the other day and had no issues.
Turns out I'm just a massive moron and had typed Manuel183 instead of Manuel83. My eyes saw a 1.

I'll put my head in the sand now.

Hi manuel
I have at last got a prototype circuit setup on a breadboard and have managed to record temp via the sensor. My plan is really only to track fermentation temperatures and control the fridge power. I do BIAB mash with gas to control temp so i cant use craftbeerpi to mange the gas flame when doing the mash!!.

I wonder if you can tell me how i can extract the temperature graph into a file (eg. .txt,.csv) that i can keep for future reference from the craftbeerpi application. I could not find where the temp data is stored.

Thanks for your efforts with this application
Ivan

@Ivan
The Version 2.2 will have an CSV export. That allows to export the temperature data.

13643791_513851468823685_2080397984_n.jpg

First draft of a Raspberry Pi Custom Shield for CraftBeerPi.
Community feedback is welcome.

Hi Manuel,

I have been trying to get this set-up for days with no success. I have installed in my pi following your online guide/video and that seems successful. Whenever I try to access the 5000 server from another device on my network, nothing happens. I also tried running the script sudo python runserver.py which comes up with a response python: can't open file 'manage.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I'm using Raspbian Jessie. I have been following your instructions very carefully. If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, that would be awesome!

My plan is to run it from the Pi using a HDMI output, rather than access from another device.

Cheers,

Mat

Hey Mat are you using your network ip with the port of 5000. So eg 192.164.0.11:5000

sittingaround said:
Hey Mat are you using your network ip with the port of 5000. So eg 192.164.0.11:5000
I am yeah. I'm using my network's IP address (from the router) and adding 5000 as you describe. Doesn't work. The only thing I can see where I'm not in line with the instructions is running the script: sudo python runserver.py

On Manuel's instructions, it says to run that, then it will be available on the IP 5000. When I try the script, I just get: python: can't open file 'manage.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I'm very new to using the pi for anything other than kodi, so I'm not sure if python is something I was supposed to already have installed and understood, or if the fresh clone of craftbeerpi would be all I needed.

Oh, I just figured it out. I needed to use the Rpi's IP, not the router's one. Found it and now it works. Thanks for the help sittingaround!

Latest posts

Back