• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Temperature Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass22

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1461731391.343230.jpg

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone may be interested in this. Reasonable offers considered.

Temperature Controller E5AN-H. Happy to ship anywhere in Australia because its only a small light box.

This item is new old stock, not been used. Had planned to use it in my ever growing home brew set up but plans have changed and i'm not able to do much with my set up any more.

For full specs go to the following link:
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/products/7392731/?sra=p&r=t

Product Details
E5AN-HT/E5EN-HT 1/8 and 1/4 DIN Programmable Temp Controllers
Set up to 8 programmed patterns with up to 32 segments (steps) each
High-resolution display with 5 digits/0.01°C display
High-speed sampling cycle of 60 ms
Thermocouple/Pt input: ±0.1% of PV
Analogue input: ±0.1% FS
Universal inputs on all models (thermocouple, PT, or analog input) to handle various sensors with one controller
PV/SV-status display function can be set to automatically alternate between displaying the status of the temperature controller (auto/manual RUN/RESET, and alarms) and the PV or SV
Flexible contact outputs with logic operations (AND, OR, and delays) set from the Support Software (CX-Thermo version 4.3).
An infrared ports enables communications from the front panel.
Preventive maintenance for relays in the temperature controller using a Control Output ON/OFF counter

Looking at around 500 mark, just not sure how much interest there would be for it. What would you offer?

Ouch... what is there to differentiate it from the auber ramp/soak model (US$80)? Not knocking it, I haven't seen this unit before, curious as to what sets it apart.

Could be a hard sell otherwise.

Ill do a bit of research on the auber ramp/soak and let ya know. Be good to find out the difference as I'm not 100% on that one.

Cheers for the input mofox1.

376 page manual…not quite an STC, really. Looks like a great bit of kit if you can figure out how to take advantage of its power.

Might need a bit more of a run down by someone who has used these before. I was going to wing it but just not able to upgrade my set up any more [emoji45]. BIAB and extracts it will stay for a few years now. Not that its an issue, make awesome beers that way as well.

From what I can gather you can have multiple temp probes in use with control over them.

Would be perfect for a 3 vessel set up controlling Strike water, Mash and Kettle separately. Could also run a few fridges from the one device. Anyone with more info on this baby would be much appreciated.

Hey Cass22,
This isnt a multi input unit. They have allowance for one only input, but is a multi function input and can use analog device, RTD or themrocouple etc.
To be honest, over priced and complicated for what a home brewer would use.
Sorry to burst the bubble but good luck with the sale.

All good caney thanks for the info, might just hang onto it and use it in the system at a later time.

Latest posts

Back