CRAFT BREWER TROUBLE

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zabond

Reaction score
anybody having trouble accessing CRAFT BREWER web site, been trying for 2 days and keep getting "web site unavailable"
Russ

They are hosting with Cloudfare, all browsers report a DNS timeout issue - probably best to notify them if they don't already know..

tks all just rang them, they don't know when prob will be fixed, will just have to wait
Russ

I truly hope it is offline because they are changing providers.

I have asked @Ross about Craftbrewer changing their web hosting provider and upgrading the website to be more secure a few times over the years; before the last couple of intrusions and the incident that is mentioned on their front page.

At one stage I showed him that the website was down on my phone while trying to collect my order in store. I mentioned it to Anthony on another occasion and another staff member said 'oh yeah it's not working today' This wasn't an uncommon occurrence when I used to order from them... Can't really believe it is still an issue now.

I'd hate to see a business with such a great reputation for service suffer because they can't adapt to the digital age. A reliable and secure website is a must, I'm sure they're losing customers out of sheer frustration.

As much as I'd like to support Craftbrewer, and repay the great help they gave me to get into brewing, I'd only use them for in-person orders if I happen to be nearby.

A couple of days ago there was a splash screen up to say the site was under maintenance. I had a mate who tried to order earlier today with no success and this evening the page is down completely again... :(

Last edited:
Brewers - We have our new site about to go live. We wanted to do a bit more testing before going live, but continued problems with the old antiquated site have forced our hand to go live early.
It's been a nightmare couple of years for us since the ransomware attack on our site. We lost all our back end accounting features & have not been able to add any new products since. We have been let down by IT company after IT company, with their absolute incompetence & broken promises, it's truly been a bloody nightmare. Anthony & crew have been working like Trojans in the background keeping it all together, they've done a truly fantastic job.
We have some really exciting plans going forward that we wanted to announce with the launch of the new site, but we'll hold back just for now, while we make sure the new site delivers for you our customers. Huge thanks to those that have stood by us in such difficult times, we look forward to bouncing back bigger & better than ever... Cheers Ross Kenrick/Owner

Ransomware attacks are the worst, I'm an IT pro myself and have seen firsthand how they can bring a business to its knees. I've used this service previously after a client had their WordPress site hacked - https://sucuri.net/ - just incase you need some more peace of mind!

Also, you should consider forcing SSL/HTTPS on your entire site, even the customer login/signup page appears to be non-secure and I'd consider that a no-no..

Brewers - We have our new site about to go live. We wanted to do a bit more testing before going live, but continued problems with the old antiquated site have forced our hand to go live early.
It's been a nightmare couple of years for us since the ransomware attack on our site. We lost all our back end accounting features & have not been able to add any new products since. We have been let down by IT company after IT company, with their absolute incompetence & broken promises, it's truly been a bloody nightmare. Anthony & crew have been working like Trojans in the background keeping it all together, they've done a truly fantastic job.
We have some really exciting plans going forward that we wanted to announce with the launch of the new site, but we'll hold back just for now, while we make sure the new site delivers for you our customers. Huge thanks to those that have stood by us in such difficult times, we look forward to bouncing back bigger & better than ever... Cheers Ross Kenrick/Owner
New site looks great Ross, loads quick and is easy to Nav. Who knew you had so many hops! Damn! Will do some browsing I don't want to forget something, or find something later that I really really NEED. :p

Site does look good and loads much faster than previously.

I'm unable to log in with my old details though. Is that some security thing, or just a consequence of the change?

No biggie if I need to set up a new account, just curious.

Site does look good and loads much faster than previously.

I'm unable to log in with my old details though. Is that some security thing, or just a consequence of the change?

No biggie if I need to set up a new account, just curious.

As it is a whole new site, you will have to make a new account.

Latest posts

Back