Cox Plate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went last year and had a great day. Heading to it again this year but not alot on offer beer wise :unsure: .

Great atmosphere and great day.

Went a few years back in the young indulgence marquee, the one behind the post in the centre of the track. Think it was $150 with all food and grog included and had an awesome day. Maldivian winning the plate after leading the whole trip was awesome.

Got stuff on that weekend this year, unfortunately.

We have a punters club at work and I was supposed to be heading down for Melbourne Cup and Oaks Day. Throwing in Sandown Dogs on the Monday night as well.

Alas, due to circumstances beyond my control, I can't go anymore.

The form around Its A Dundeel and his Underwood win, suggests he is a good thing.

For a smokey, I'd go with the 3yo Shamus Award. His last 400m in the Caulfield Guineas was a lot like So You Think's effort in the same race before he went on to win the Cox Plate. 3yos, get such a weight pull that they are always a chance of getting out in front and running them ragged.

Settling on an 11,9,4,14 four horse box trifecta. Each way value for the 9, masked marvel. Looked to have plenty left finishing strong over 2000m last two starts.

Josh said:
We have a punters club at work and I was supposed to be heading down for Melbourne Cup and Oaks Day. Throwing in Sandown Dogs on the Monday night as well.

Alas, due to circumstances beyond my control, I can't go anymore.

The form around Its A Dundeel and his Underwood win, suggests he is a good thing.

For a smokey, I'd go with the 3yo Shamus Award.. His last 400m in the Caulfield Guineas was a lot like So You Think's effort in the same race before he went on to win the Cox Plate. 3yos, get such a weight pull that they are always a chance of getting out in front and running them ragged.
Well, I guess I owe you a beer now.
Put $20 each way on #15 after reading your post, any other predictions about the future mate?

Had a great day today and had $35 (win $445) on Happy Trails to win (money back special if placed) so got my money back. Great atmosphere, Mark Seymour played was nice and close to that and a very close cox plate finish.

AlwayzLoozeCount said:
Well, I guess I owe you a beer now.
Put $20 each way on #15 after reading your post, any other predictions about the future mate?
Melbourne is back on now, woohoo.

Always happy to have a beer Count. Where are you?

Haven't looked much at the Derby, but the two that gapped them in the Norman Robinson; Polanski and San Diego could run 1-2.

I'll be having a little each way on Surging Wave. Came from the back of the field in the aforementioned Norman Robinson where the top two ran in the first four throughout. I think it will get the 2500m no worries too.

Latest posts

Back