• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Countrybrewer Light Liquid Malt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merrick

Reaction score
Have noticed Countrybrewer sell 1.5kg tins of Light Liquid Malt for $9.50, which for my part of the world is quite cheap. Does anybody know anything about the pedigree of this malt? Or is it made in China?

Have noticed Countrybrewer sell 1.5kg tins of Light Liquid Malt for $9.50, which for my part of the world is quite cheap. Does anybody know anything about the pedigree of this malt? Or is it made in China?

hi, give them a call ,it might be coopers.

cheers, alan

hi, give them a call ,it might be coopers.

cheers, alan

I got to their Girraween store which is also their central warehouse. Have seen 44 gallon drums of Coopers liquid malt there a number of times so my guess is it's coopers.

Many thanks Alan and Tickstar. I think it leads me to another question about liquid malt. Is there such a thing as a generic liquid malt that fits the bill for both lagers and ales? Or if the Countrybrewer malt is indeed supplied by Coopers, should I assume it might be more suited to ales? If it's not too obvious I'm still learning my way through the various malt types.

Merrick

i've used teh coopers liquid malt extract in ales and i can't think of a way the flavour will work in a lager. maybe look at morgans liquid malt extract they have a better range, like pilsner, and crystal amongst others from memory (haven't used them though)

edit: http://www.morgansbrewing.com.au/home.asp, check out the specialty malt extracts and liquid malt extracts there. Country brewer have some of them listed on their website so I'm sure they'd stock the full range.

Back