Country Brewer Euroblend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phonos

Reaction score
Country Brewer has some Autumn special recipes on at the moment which I'm considering trying. One in particular I'm considering is a pilsner which uses the 'Euroblend' sugars. The make up of this is:

600g Light Malt
200g Lactose
200g Dextrose

The description for this mix on their website is as follows:

"This universal blend has been used across the board to produce everything from European lagers, Sweet Stouts and even Ciders!!"

Now while I understand that lactose is used in milk stouts and some people try to sweeten their ciders in this manner, I'm wondering who this would go in a more standard beer, particularly the pilsner I was considering of making. Has anyone used this blend before? Has anyone used lactose in a pilsner?

Thanks!

Bump!

I'm planning on going to the HBS tonight. If no-one has used this before, perhaps I could pioneer it and post a review or something in this thread.

Bump!

I'm planning on going to the HBS tonight. If no-one has used this before, perhaps I could pioneer it and post a review or something in this thread.

I've used it along with their Wal's Blonde kit and it came out OK. It was right when I started brewing and I had no idea what lactose did but it sounded interesting so I just chucked it in. I've since found out that lactose is supposed to add sweetness but I didn't necessarily pick that up in the tasting. I suppose you could compare the beer to something along the lines of Tiger. Great hot weather drinker.

I have used it, in Mexican and it came out a very nice drop.

The sweetness from lactose was far from overpowering.

Made a good beer. Give it a go.

Back