• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Copper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLDS2006

Reaction score
Picked up a couple rolls of copper from bunnings today.
1/2 inch 18 metre roll for $99, last month it was $167 when I was looking.
Also got 1/2 inch 3 metre roll for $15 to use in a mash turn.
Don`t know if I got a deal or is it the going rate.
Darren

Sounds Good

I used to use this 100 feet of copper Chiller but since moving to 'The No Chill Method' due to the increasing cost of water ,I dont know what to use the Chiller for .

Pumpy :(

DSC02075_1.JPG

40_litres.JPG

Picked up a couple rolls of copper from bunnings today.
1/2 inch 18 metre roll for $99, last month it was $167 when I was looking.
Also got 1/2 inch 3 metre roll for $15 to use in a mash turn.
Don`t know if I got a deal or is it the going rate.
Darren

Seems pretty good, I paid a little bit less for 18m of 1/2 inch refridge copper delivered of ebay not too long ago. But $99 and I can get it tomorrow...thumbs up.

When i get my full AG set up i will be running a plate chiller and with wasting water an issue i will buy 2 200ltr drums like these and going to pump water from 1 to another so im not wasting water. I had won a rain water tank pump of ebay brand new for $50 and the food grade drums from paramount browns are $29

DisplayImage.jpg

Timmsy, I do the same thing with an IM chiller and counter flow chiller I have here (thanks to Sqyre for hooking me up with the drums). However your still limited to getting your wort temp down to the temp of the chilling water. So when I use my IM chiller I get the wort temp down to about 40C and then recirculate about 10L of water with 20L of ice I keep in my kegerator. Im easily able to get the temp into the low teens and regularly pitch my ales at about 16C.

Good work being water wise :beer:

I`m looking at using one of those drums with 10-20 litres of ice with some water.
A 2000 ltr fish pump should do the job in recirculating the water, maybe a modified old electric egg beater to create a kind of whirlpool effect ?
Criticism please.
Dazza

Latest posts

Back