Coopers Ultra Light Birrel... Able To Drink And Drive With This Stuff?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is ,, Only full strength beer should be consumed in lunch hours , 3 quick schooners and a Tbone steak .... Ahh bring back the good old days ...

:beer: Damn straight..... :beerbang: , and working on Friday afternoons should be illegal.... :super:

Yes it is ,, Only full strength beer should be consumed in lunch hours , 3 quick schooners and a Tbone steak .... Ahh bring back the good old days ...

Good old days are still here!

I regularly go to the pub for lunch and knock back a few pints.

Boss even shouted the first round last time.

EDIT - spelling

Good old days are still here!

I regularly go to the pub for lunch and knock back a few pints.

Boss even shouted the first round last time.

EDIT - spelling

Your living the dream mate!

Goverment job???

Man we used to always go to the pub for lunch - hell I remember coming back to the office and having to crawl back up the stairs. Then sitting there for a couple of hours looking busy - was too scared to actually work for fear of royally ******* up.

These days I never have a beer at work unless im at a business meeting

I used to spend every break in the pub when I worked in kitchens. The head chef would buy me pints. It made returning for dinner service ever so much more pleasant.

These days I handle irreplaceable artworks so those days are definitely gone. Regardless of who might know or catch me I just wouldn't touch a drop then touch a Goya etching then drop a goya etching..........

You've obviously never worked as a chef.

:lol: so true, worked many a shift half cut...the Lone Star in NZ was great for that - you asked for a water - you got a beer. You asked for a softdrink, you got a beer. You asked for something/anything non-alcoholic, and you got....well, looked at funny - and a beer. Ahhhhh...them were the days, pissed as a chook trying to control a 30cm razor sharp knife......:D

I might do a poll one day to see how overrepresented ex- chefs and IT nerds are on this forum. I'd hazard a guess that tradies would fill in most of the blanks.

My girlfriend is a chef! She works between 45-55 hrs a week for a very avrage wage! And whats this "lunch break" thing you all speak of!? I think she has had 3 "lunch brakes" in 7 years!

I was a "chef" for about 3 months and i told them to stick it! To much hard work for me!

Now i get lunch brakes....but i dont get to go to the pub. ):

Any public servant jobs going atm?

My girlfriend is a chef! She works between 45-55 hrs a week for a very avrage wage! And whats this "lunch break" thing you all speak of!? I think she has had 3 "lunch brakes" in 7 years!

I was a "chef" for about 3 months and i told them to stick it! To much hard work for me!

Now i get lunch brakes....but i dont get to go to the pub. ):

Any public servant jobs going atm?

I certainly never mentioned lunch break. The break between double shifts is what I'm referring to - mostly from around 3.30 - 5pm in the places I worked. Lunch was generally an unknown except what we were making for other people. Dinner was often a hot dog at 2am.

It's a very healthy lifestyle.

I certainly never mentioned lunch break. The break between double shifts is what I'm referring to - mostly from around 3.30 - 5pm in the places I worked. Lunch was generally an unknown except what we were making for other people. Dinner was often a hot dog at 2am.

It's a very healthy lifestyle.

Hell yes...all the waitresses hotdogs you can eat....:lol: (mmmmmmmm....waitresses hotdogs......mmmmmmmmm)
After 10 years in the game, I was one of the healthiest people I knew! (Ignore the fact that I knew virtually no-one who wasn't in the hospo trade)

Most chef's I knew started smoking just so they could get a break at all ......

This should serve as a lesson for any of you who may dine at a nice restraunt/ Nice hotel.....If you can see the Chefs Pass (Where they are cooking) at the end of the night, get up walk over and say thank you, if you enjoyed the meal and if you can afford it tip the Chef directly. Because i would say 70% of the time when you tip. the chef never gets to see it! And honestley...works harder and longer then the waiting staff for very much the same money! and even less if the are an apprentice!

I might do a poll one day to see how overrepresented ex- chefs and IT nerds are on this forum. I'd hazard a guess that tradies would fill in most of the blanks.

Haha, so true, I have a few IT mates who are right into brewing and this site also... I'm a tradie, so Manticle, I think you may be on to something!!

I'm struggling with the fact that there are some people on this forum who would dare question the idea of wanting a beer on your breaks at work!
I'd love to be able to swig a beer while I'm serving customers... they're the worst kind of person, customers... unless they're buying brewing goods, which I proudly scan.

fact is you drink at work and hurt yourself you and the company is in alot of crap. Yeah I know some and prob most of us been to work almost drunk at some stage (big night befor or what ever) but still its all good until you hurt yourself. I wouldn't recommend drinking at work though bit hard to explain a 6 pack in the lunch room and they will most prob think you have a drinking problem (not like any one on this forum :lol: ) but its best to just wait. I have never drunk at work or at lunch but have had a big night before thats about it.

Ah yeah, fair enough... As much as it would be hard for me to go beyond giving myself a paper cut on a receipt at work, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to drink at work! I think if there was a sixpack of Birrel in the lunchroom fridge, nobody would really think alot of it... if the manager saw, then MAYBE he'd question it or say it was inappropriate, but because the place sells it as a soft drink, nobody would really think it was actual alcoholic beer.
Having said that, I can't be bothered trying anyway, because like you said, it isn't worth the risk for shitty tasting not-beer!

fact is you drink at work and hurt yourself you and the company is in alot of crap. Yeah I know some and prob most of us been to work almost drunk at some stage (big night befor or what ever) but still its all good until you hurt yourself. I wouldn't recommend drinking at work though bit hard to explain a 6 pack in the lunch room and they will most prob think you have a drinking problem (not like any one on this forum :lol: ) but its best to just wait. I have never drunk at work or at lunch but have had a big night before thats about it.

I did mention that we go to the pub for lunch on a regular basis.

On site we also have regular bbqs put on by the social club. Beer is always available.

It depends on what job you do. I think i (and a majority of my colleagues) are smart enough not to do dangerous work after a few beers. Catching up on paperwork is usually the order of the day.

Or trawling through old posts on AHB :ph34r:

LOL, thinking back to my pub managing days I was normally semi drunk from the 10th hour of a 16hour shift onwards, the chefs in the kitchen were the same.

I'd love to be able to have a beer on my breaks at work now, we work one hour on, 15mins off, repeat for the 8 hour shift. Would make dealing with the idiots so much more pleasant.

Same here - always used to have a drink at lunch time. Now I work for an Yank company and its strictly no alcohol at any time including on when on call, which is permanently at the minute..... Its amazing how many times my phone is "on charge" in the back room....

Back