Coopers To Brew Budweiser

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind Bud on tap in the US. Cheap and easy to drink the Yanks under the table with.

I don't mind Bud on tap in the US. Cheap and easy to drink the Yanks under the table with.

Absolutely. Funny thing, Bud on tap is never more than $2/12oz. Happy hour and you'll see offers like 10 Buds (bottle) for $10.

I realise production cost and excise will push this product into the $tratosphere and no doubt Coopers marketing will peddle the stuff as premium american lager, etc.

I don't have a problem with Coopers or CUB etc. brewing Bud but I very much have a problem paying a penny more than what's it worth. And it ain't worth a whole hell of a lot.

reVox

Absolutely. Funny thing, Bud on tap is never more than $2/12oz. Happy hour and you'll see offers like 10 Buds (bottle) for $10.

I realise production cost and excise will push this product into the $tratosphere and no doubt Coopers marketing will peddle the stuff as premium american lager, etc.

I don't have a problem with Coopers or CUB etc. brewing Bud but I very much have a problem paying a penny more than what's it worth. And it ain't worth a whole hell of a lot.

reVox
we should be getting down to the botttlos that sell imported bud now, take pictures of the price and when they release BUL bud and charge like a wounded bull, go to the papers and out them.

recently one of the bjcp guys picked up a 30 can cube of bud cans for under $40. doubtful coopers are going to sell it that low.

Surely that beer has a bad enough name here (whether deserved or not) that the people who drink nothing but the beers that emulate it will stay away in droves?

Surely that beer has a bad enough name here (whether deserved or not) that the people who drink nothing but the beers that emulate it will stay away in droves?
how many people will see that its 'the king of beers' and not switch. the branding bud has acehived in the US is pehenominal as is the overseas recognition. more so you'll get people who think they are intelligent and know something about beer, touting that bud is a historic beer in europe also ie they have gotten confused with the real bud v the crappy american name rip off... Budweiser Budvar Brewery v budwiser Anheuser-Busch

You guys might want to check the dates on threads before you start responding to them :p

You guys might want to check the dates on threads before you start responding to them :p
well actually we responded to a response that was from today today. ok the previous post was abou a year old. but let it never be said that AHB members let time stand in their way of a good yarn/discussion

up untill about 6 months ago Coopers was distrbuting Bud that was from the USA in Australia, but not making it! Since then Coopers lost the contract and i think it was to CUB? So if anyone was going to make Bud now in oz it would be the new contractors

Latest posts

Back