Coopers Real Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyyu

Reaction score
do you think this will be ok,can of coopers real ale
500grms light dry malt
500 dextrose
250 grms golden syrup
25grms fuggles boiled 50 min
12 grm teabag fuggles
coopers kit yeast
it smells wonderfull tastes good green, hope it ferments out ok,what do you think,im still experimenting with all this,so appreciate comments.
thankyou gentlemen. :icon_cheers:
ps.when we had wooden kegs were they gas carbonated or was the beer naturally carbonated. i remember tapping wooden kegs screw the tap in fast ,2jugs of froth ok from there on, when it started to pour slow we"d drive a three inch nail into the wooden bung hole to let air in,sorry rambling. :icon_cheers:

Looks good. A while ago I did one much the same only with the Coopers Draught tin and no hops.

It could have done with some extra bitterness, but I wasn't sure about hops at the time, but I'm drinking one now about 5 months out of the bottle and it's still pretty bloody nice.

Golden syrup really was a nice addition.

thanks scarlet,nice to get feedback,im semi retired sos i dont wont to waste to much,although ive got a son in law who'll drink any thing.

my last attempt with a Real Ale turned ok drinkable... did a partial with ale and some crystal malt and some northdown/fuggles

but i used coopers pale ale yeast ... i would think the kit yeast might be a tad disappointing

my last attempt with a Real Ale turned ok drinkable... did a partial with ale and some crystal malt and some northdown/fuggles

but i used coopers pale ale yeast ... i would think the kit yeast might be a tad disappointing
i had some lager yeast i was tossing up whether to use 's 92' i think ,but i thought id keep it for something bette :icon_chickcheers: r

Wooden barrels are naturally carbonated.

All these homebrewers gassing up alloy kegs with CO2 bottles are what the British Campaign For Real Ale fought for years to get rid of in the U.K. The main difference was the U.K. breweries were pasteurising the beer before sticking it into kegs to kill off any natural products of fermentation.

Now that should get the All Grain Keg Boys into the fighting cider :p pistols at dawn

The pressure inside the wooden barrel helps to stop it it leaking by keeping the staves tight.

thought so i remember seeing them filling wooden kegs at the 4x brewery once, now i come to think of it. so thank you "tropical'.i lived in redlynch for 20 years till 2002 :icon_cheers:

thought so i remember seeing them filling wooden kegs at the 4x brewery once, now i come to think of it. so thank you "tropical'.i lived in redlynch for 20 years till 2002 :icon_cheers:

You could still order 5 gallon wood kegs of XXXX in the early '60's, if I remember
correctly. Weddings, parties, anything!

Now that was "Nectar of the Gods".

BB
KK

Latest posts

Back