Coopers Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyXR6T04

Reaction score
Hi people,

Well, 3 weeks after bottling, i decided to try my coopers lager brew. I know its probably a little early, but all my previous brews have been great after 3 weeks.

Anyways, i cracked the lid, and noticed a very very yeasty smell. It didn't taste too bad, but it wasn't my mug of beer!! My mate didn't mind it. The only way i can describe how bad it smelt, is by saying that it was exactly the same as the smell when i have bottled all beer, and there is the yeast/sediment slush sitting at the bottom of the fermenter.

I used a saflager w-34/70 yeast, and a german lager no.60 brew enhancer. It was in the fermenter for 11 days, and the final gravity was around the 1010 mark perhaps a tad lower. Temps were at a constant 12-13degrees C.

Has anyone had any experience with this brew?? and is it the brew or something i have done? Needless to say, i'll give it a few more weeks before trying another one, but i just thought it odd that it smelt so bad.

Any advice??

Cheers,

Jimmy.

Its a very bland beer, good quaffer I have to say.

But never noticed any off smells or tastes.

Give it some more time.

Latest posts

Back