Coopers Lager and Brown Sugar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWB

Reaction score
:huh: I just watched a video on Utube where a guy brewed a Coopers Lager and 1 Kilo of brown sugar. Nothing else went in except the kit yeast.

The next video shows him tasting and he claims its tastes great " He would say that wouldn't he"

But the question is have any of you guys out there tried this? I might make one just for the hell of it.

:drinks: Cheers

JWB

He has probably been doing it that way for 20 years. It's his beer and it's the best in the world....

I did a tooheys lager tin with dark dme once (all I had in the cupboard and couldn't get ldme being Sunday). Never again.

One of the Coopers recipes called Scotch Ale has similar things in it. I did this recipe once and won't be doing it again. It had a real heavy, dank, sugary flavour, which is not my kind of beer.

Cheers,
Pete

I use to brew like that about 25yrs back.. it was the bee's knees ... at $8 for 2 and half cartons of beer when your a teenager it taste like mothers milk... but i no better know

Back