Coopers Aust. Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quachy

Reaction score
Hi all, bottling stout at the moment. Doing some with 2 carb drops, some with 1 and some with two choc chicos babies and some with one. Now looking at a coopera aust pale ale kit. i've got be1 and be2 at home as well as 1kg of DLME. Wondering what the best combo would be? ANy suggestions?

Quachy

I once did the Cooper's Australian Pale Ale with just 1kg of BE2 as well as 5g of Cascade hops for flavoring. Turned out great!

Hi all, bottling stout at the moment. Doing some with 2 carb drops, some with 1 and some with two choc chicos babies and some with one. Now looking at a coopera aust pale ale kit. i've got be1 and be2 at home as well as 1kg of DLME. Wondering what the best combo would be? ANy suggestions?

Quachy

Quachy
For this kit Id go easy on the lmd. If using the coopers #2 you could add up to 250gms. If going with #1 you could bump it up a little maybe 500 it doesnt really nead it though. If your after something with more your probably better of with another kit. Im making this one on the weekend with a coopers sparkling ale yeast to compare with kit yeast and No#1 used last time. :icon_cheers:

Daz

Thanks for the replies guys. Went ahead and did as per inst. on can and used be2. OG was 1036, seemed a bit low. I may have put in 23.25 lt, which i am guessing has reduced the gravity reading. The kit yeast pitched at 24 deg and the temp hasn't dropped since Sunday. Bubbling away happily and can't wait to get this bottled, aged and enjoyed! Got me a bench capper and some real yeast delivered this morning. 2 packs of safale us-05, 2 packs of saflagerw-34/70 and 2 saflager s-23. Going to use one of the saflasger on cascade choc porter can and the other one on a coopers canadian blonde. From what I have read, it seems that both lager yeast will produce good results. Which for which? Maybe flip a coin!

Quachy

Personally I'd use the US-05 on the porter and save the S-23's for lager-style beers. Also, if you're brewing at 18-20'C you'll probably get better results with the US anyways as the 23 is best from about 9-12'C.

The W34/70 will be very nice if you make up a traditional German-style lager, I'd probably go a Coopers Euro Lager as well as 500g LDME and 350g Dextrose. I tend to buy the 500g Coopers Malt Extract boxes and just add the measured amount of dextrose to them. After carbonation that combo should age quite well and be pretty much right on 5% ABV, although this will obviously vary. I use this combo for cheaper brews because it comes out well and...is cheap :D

If you want to add hops to the brew above, go Hallertau, Tettnang, or Sazz. Becks, Heineken and Pilsner Urquel [...and Tooheys Pils] use these hops respectively.

Cheers, and happy brewing - boingk

EDIT: Also, by upping the malt you use in your brews, you'll notice a fuller body and better taste. You won't know what hit you!

Latest posts

Back