Cooling Tips And Recipes For Summer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just sat my fermenter in a plastic tub of water, with a few drops of Star San, and a couple of frozen (but melting quickly) 2l PET, the water comes out of our cold tap @ 28C!! It's got a towel draped over it wicking the water and a fan to help cool...

Should do the trick...

Yeah that was what I was thinking of doing but think I will keep a eye out for a old fridge and temp control it as I can leave for work at 6am and get home 6pm so dont want to risk it heating where a fridge it less hastle of remembering to change the bottles.

Half build the lean to in today so when I get the money will buy sheets and stuff to cover the walls then start brewing again as I dont have a area that keeps consistant temp or is coolish on a hot day. Also the other half is going to be my office so that needs to be sorted soon as well.

Would be ideal to have 2 fridges 1 for first fermentaion 2 for second fermentation but if the room i am building with double insulation keeps a consistant temp there shouldnt be a need for a 2nd fridge.

I was limited for space so I went for the son of a fermentation chiller box

I metioned it to a bloke at work & he got me the cool room panels that were lying around at his yatcht club

A bit more scrounging & bugger me dead it didnt cost a thread

So now Im happy brewing my heart to content

Wish I had a fridge that could hold two fermenters though getting gready now more beer

IMG_2148_3_1.JPG

IMG_2149_4_1.JPG

IMG_2150_5_1.JPG

IMG_2151_1_1.JPG

IMG_2152_1_1.JPG

IMG_2155_1_1.JPG

nice little contraption lol cant wait to get all set up so i can start brewing again. hopefully I will make a drinkable beer next time :beer:

I have a 75lt cooler bag that I got from Big W for $20 on special and cut a hole on top for the air lock to poke out

when I leave for work in the morning I put 2 ice bricks in it and they are just melted and still icy cold buy the time I get home the arvo

if its a particualy hot evening I will put 1 brick in over night

it stays around 18-20 deg it all looks neat and tidy and the wife does not complain

Latest posts

Back