Controlling Gas Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Nath and Nev are you guys using normal regulator's or adjustable ones?

When I was using my 3 ring intially with standard regulator it took me longer than 15min to get 30lt to mash temp. Mind you though I usually had wind to compare with and hadn't probably set it up right. But now though with a adjustable regulator, I can agree with you guys.

Big Nath and Nev are you guys using normal regulator's or adjustable ones?

When I was using my 3 ring intially with standard regulator it took me longer than 15min to get 30lt to mash temp. Mind you though I usually had wind to compare with and hadn't probably set it up right. But now though with a adjustable regulator, I can agree with you guys.

I'm using it with a standard regulator, non adjustable 'cause i'm a tightarse.

I have an electric HLT, so my gas is only used for the boil, but it still only takes me just over 20/25mins to get from mash out to a boil. I realise this is probably fairly slow compared to a spiral or a mongolian, but time is something i have heaps of when i'm brewing, so it doesn't bother me. It certainly isn't hours of time like previous posts mention.

I brew at night time usually, but always in my garage so there's no wind, and it's quite warm in there too so that may help a small amount.

Before someone reminds me of the asphyxiation risk, my garage used to be more of a carport but a solid one (bricks with a proper a frame roof and all that) but when they decided to enclose it, they didn't use enough wood to reach up to the ceiling, so i have a 12 inch gap on both sides of the garage. It works well by accident actually, as it keeps the wind from gusting in underneath, but allows enough venting for CO2 buildup to not be a problem...

Back