Continuous Soda Water On Tap?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Ok Guys and Girls , who knows how a post mix machine works ?

I've tryed a few quick searches with google but can't find out what I want too..

I have 3 taps on my fridge , 2 beers and soda water . I don't mind haveing the soda on tap but I would like to free up the keg as I only have 8 ATM and find I could allways do with the spare that has the soda in it..

So how does a post mix work , I'm sure that the one in the pub I used to live in was conected to a water tap and just made it as was needed. Must be some sort of a venturi in there and a coil of cooled water ..

Where could I get the bits to set something like this up?

Any wisdom out there in AHB land?

Thanks
:beer:

have a close look the next time you're in a pub, from memory there is an extra nozzle that doses the mix with the soda water. i'd just pump some syrup into a glass, then fill with soda water. looks pretty basic
i've been thinking of carbonating a keg of shiraz :)

have a close look the next time you're in a pub, from memory there is an extra nozzle that doses the mix with the soda water. i'd just pump some syrup into a glass, then fill with soda water. looks pretty basic
i've been thinking of carbonating a keg of shiraz :)

bahahaha make sure to keep us updated on your bubbly shiraz.

I'll be kegging some wine this week or next week hopefully

I made 400 litres last year and wanna try carbonating it / and also having it on tap

To keep SWMBO happy - I also have soda water on tap at the moment too

No beer's though - my mates and I finished of my first kegged beer last weekend

Hopefully I'll get permission to put down another batch this weekend

I keep you posted on the outcome

Cheers

wow just what I was looking of Dutchy.. Thanks heaps..

Keep us posted on the Sparklling fruitylexia ...(shudder runs down the back) ;)

:beer:

To keep SWMBO happy - I also have soda water on tap at the moment too
Hopefully I'll get permission to put down another batch this weekend

Ouch dude. Not only do you have to get permission to do a brew but the missus has access rights to your beer fridge. That is just painfully wrong :(

For my part I am planning to make a keg up of Gin & Tonic plus maybe a Bourbon & Coke or something like that. Was just going to buy the bottles and dump them in (I figured out the costs and it wouldn't be too bad) plus one bottle of spirits.

Back